Looking for fun names for my foster kittens

Amanda's opvangkittens

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hi all,

I'm fostering stray cats, mostly motherless kittens for a foundation in the Netherlands. Every time I'm struggling with finding nice names.

Can you help me with names in your language, not only English, perhaps with a special meaning? I prefer to have names with 2 syllables.

Attached some pictures of the cats I fostered. I lost 2 of them due to parvo but I'm pleased to say, all others found their forever loving home.

Looking forward to your suggestions.

Greetz,
Amanfa

Attachments

AB00

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Helwa: beautiful, sweet also could mean candy, fits a girl cat
Sukkar: Sugar, unisex
Hurira: Kitten, fits girl cat
Atwi: Tough male cat
Salem (pronounced Sa-lim not salem like the American city): Survived, Safe, unharmed, boy name
Salma: Survived, Safe, unharmed, girl name
Hussa: A Single pearl, Girl name
Bodor: (pronounced Bodoor) A Full moon, Girl name
Dheba: Wolf, Feminine
Dheb: Wolf, Masculine
Sohail: Canopus, The brightest star in the southern constellation of Carina and the second-brightest star in the night sky. boy name

These are Arabic names, if you liked these I'm sure I can find more

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Amanda's opvangkittens

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Helwa: beautiful, sweet also could mean candy, fits a girl cat
Sukkar: Sugar, unisex
Hurira: Kitten, fits girl cat
Atwi: Tough male cat
Salem (pronounced Sa-lim not salem like the American city): Survived, Safe, unharmed, boy name
Salma: Survived, Safe, unharmed, girl name
Hussa: A Single pearl, Girl name
Bodor: (pronounced Bodoor) A Full moon, Girl name
Dheba: Wolf, Feminine
Dheb: Wolf, Masculine
Sohail: Canopus, The brightest star in the southern constellation of Carina and the second-brightest star in the night sky. boy name

These are Arabic names, if you liked these I'm sure I can find more
Love them, especially cause they are not Dutch or English. Thank you.

rubysmama

Forum Helper
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Hello and welcome to TCS. :wave2: Thanks for fostering kittens. The ones in your pictures are all cutie pies. :catlove:

Sorry for the 2 you lost to parvo, but at least they knew love for a short time. RIP sweet kitties. :angel::angel:

As for names for your current kittens, I'll leave that for others, as I'm terrible coming up with names.

Amanda's opvangkittens

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
How many little dudes are we dealing with?
To be honest, I have an empty house now due to the fact that my latest nest had the Parvo virus. One of them didn't make it, the other 3 beat the odds with a lot of tlc and medication. As the virus can stay in the house for a year, I had no other choice then to not foster anymore until next June. I don't want to risk fostering healthy cats and bring their lives in danger with this deadly virus. It breaks my heart cause the organisation I volonteer for is in desparate need for help.
Long story but I am preparing for next year. So if you have suggestions, can't wait to see them.
Greetz, Amanda.

Amanda's opvangkittens

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hello and welcome to TCS. :wave2: Thanks for fostering kittens. The ones in your pictures are all cutie pies. :catlove:

Sorry for the 2 you lost to parvo, but at least they knew love for a short time. RIP sweet kitties. :angel::angel:

As for names for your current kittens, I'll leave that for others, as I'm terrible coming up with names.
Thnx for your kind words. Also pleased ro read I'm not the only one struggling with names!

tabbytom

Happiness is being owned by a cat
Staff Member
Mentor
Purraise
PreciousPetsCatsHello.gif
Amanda opvangkittens, on behalf of The Catsite,
graphics-welcome-378144.gif

So glad that you’ve joined this wonderful site and you are in the right place for all things cat and this site is loaded with tons of rich resources and you’ll find friendly and helpful cats around and many of our cats are very knowledgeable in cat related stuffs.

Lovely fosters you have here :redheartpump: :hearthrob:

New Here? I Have A Few Suggestions For You!
Community Guidelines & Practices - Frequently Asked Questions
Forum Rules

Feel free to ask questions if you have any and start a new thread of your own and post them under the appropriate forums and do check out the many informative articles we have here in Articles | The Cat Site

Enjoy your stay and see ya around :wink:

Caspers Human

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Love them, especially cause they are not Dutch or English. Thank you.
While "Jabber" and "Mimsy" are usually considered English, they are really nonsense words.
They come from a poem by Lewis Carroll called "Jabberwocky" which appeared in his story, "Through the Looking Glass."

'Twas Brillig and the slithy toves did gyre and gimble in the wabe.
All mimsy were the borogoves,
And the mome raths ougrabe..."
Carroll was a Dadaist...an artist who deals in nonsense.

So, even though Carroll wrote in English, words like "mimsy" aren't really native to any language, at all.

They're just made up. :)

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
Welcome to TCS and thank you for fostering the stray kittens. :thanks: Regarding names with two syllables:
Ada - means noble
Mila - means pleasant and dear
Nora - means honored
Priya - means beloved
Nova - means new
Ara - means king

Neko-chan's mama

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I have a friend who named all her pets by turning on her Pandora (music streaming) and naming her pets after the first song she heard. Her two 1 year old kitties are Mimi and Roger as the first song she heard after adopting them was from the musical Rent.

Amanda's opvangkittens

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I have a friend who named all her pets by turning on her Pandora (music streaming) and naming her pets after the first song she heard. Her two 1 year old kitties are Mimi and Roger as the first song she heard after adopting them was from the musical Rent.
That's a nice idea!

strider rose

cat toy lady and cat mom to 3
Top Cat
Purraise
i tend to use mythology gods and goddess names . but also go by personalities and their body colors