Looking For Cat Litter Recommendations Please

CalliopeUno

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Hope he doesn't pee and poop on the floor next to my toilet where his small box used to be. New booda just arrived! How exciting! A new box to bite!

Furballsmom

Cat Devotee
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Lol, new boxes are the best! You're correct, one litterbox plus one.
It's the Littermaid brand of walnut litter.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

2BSH

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Hi everyone.
A little update. So my cats didn’t like the walnut litter at all. I liked the no dust aspect of it. One of them actually went poo on the mat in front of the litter box ( something that has never happened before). So I searched some more and stumbled upon fresh step free and gentle clumping cat litter. All I can say is that it’s pretty great. It’s a clay litter but it has virtually no dust. The cats took to it right away ( no more litter box issues yay!). I didn’t even mix litter and they love it. It’s amazing at controlling smells despite being totally scent free. It clump well but not so hard that it turns to cement.. it’s not available everywhere but PetSmart carries it at a really decent price of about $18 for 42 pounds so it’s pretty affordable. Petco offers it on line. My search is over.

CalliopeUno

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Hmmm, but it's heavy right? Still can't lift much with right arm so need to stick with lightweight litters for now. Just ordered more Feline Pine with Cedar from Petco which means USPS carries it up the stairs for free and it's light enough for me to decant into booda boxes. I had been planning to mix with the walnut shell but then decided against bc my apartment has light beige carpet and I don't want to get charged if it stained. Meanwhile I just ordered a hand-vac to take care of the extra sawdust I've noticed gradually accumulating in bathroom and bedroom. Otherwise I'm quite happy with it. Glad you found one that works for you!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

2BSH

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Hmmm, but it's heavy right? Still can't lift much with right arm so need to stick with lightweight litters for now. Just ordered more Feline Pine with Cedar from Petco which means USPS carries it up the stairs for free and it's light enough for me to decant into booda boxes. I had been planning to mix with the walnut shell but then decided against bc my apartment has light beige carpet and I don't want to get charged if it stained. Meanwhile I just ordered a hand-vac to take care of the extra sawdust I've noticed gradually accumulating in bathroom and bedroom. Otherwise I'm quite happy with it. Glad you found one that works for you!
I think fresh step has a light weight version of a similar litter with lots of good reviews. The simply unscented version comes in light weight version. It’s very similar to the one I use. It’s really great. I highly recommend!