Looking For Advise On My Cat Who Is Pregnant

Love-of-animals

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Hello my cat was due yesterday or today to have her babies basically she mated on the 30th of January now I'm thinking because days are missing in February because in February there's only 28 days and not 29/30/31 so I just realised that I should really add them days missing on to her due date that matters doesn't it because February is shorter also I am giving her kitten wet food I put tuna in with it for extra goodness I also have kitten biscuits down for through out the day is there anything else I could give her to give her energy before she goes in to labour

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Perhaps something calcium rich. Goats milk, or youghurt, or some cheese...

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Also, wise if you do have some goats milk or kmr at home, to be double safe....

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Love-of-animals

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Hello guys yeah I have kitten formula milk here always have some because I help people by taking there kittens on if they need hand raising I love it animals are my passion my pregnant mama does not like the formula milk she is a fussy cow bag gonna give her a bit of cheese I'm worried on how many she could be carrying I'm worried case she gets exhausted

Love-of-animals

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Also don't worry I will be posting pictures of the babies when she has had them I see many people on here doesn't post pictures they just stop replying you will get to see my babies the colors she will have are jet blues jet creams and blue and cream mixed fur

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
If she has many, 1 dont let her eat more than 4 placentas.
2. you can give her some water with a little honey in it. if she is too tired to drink it, just smear on her lips and gum...

Same advice for weak or lethargic kittens...

Love-of-animals

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Thankyou why isit not to let mama cats eat no more then 4 placentas isit dangerous like make them ill

Love-of-animals

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Hey guys she is having little pushing does that mean she is pushing them down more it's not hard pushes at the moment

Love-of-animals

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Hello guys I'm not ignoring you I'm very busy will pop back on later to give use all the update have a good day speak latter

Love-of-animals

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Hello guys first she was having little pushes. that's obviously the little ones where they move the babies down ready for the big ones meaning before pushing them out. it did take a bit long which I new was not write. then I see the bobble thing coming out slowly before the babies. because I see that slowly making its way down I didn't rush to the vets as she could of had the babie in the next half hour because of the bobble slowly coming down.

then she push the bobble out which it didn't burst it was still there after an hour of it hanging out so rushed her to the vets which at first they examed her and had a feel she couldn't feel a babie in the birth cannel because that's what they thought because the labour slowly stopping they thought it maybe a babie was stuck in the birth cannel and that's why the bobble and that's why the labour was slowly stopping anyway they felt her and no babie in the birth cannel could be felt so they was really thinking about what's going on before they even said anything I said I don't want her having the injection that oxytocin what ever you call it to start human labour and animal labour I find it pretty dangerous for animals could rupture them so I asked for a x-ray to see whats going on and asked for a c.section

they tried to do the x-ray while she is awake she didn't want that so they put her out because she was having a c.section anyway I still wanted to no what's going on so they done the x-ray and quickly ran out to me to let me no what's going on before they done the c.section what happened is 2 of the babies tried coming out at the same time I have a picture of the x-ray the vet took a picture from her phone and then I took a picture of it off of her phone I will upload the picture so you see what I mean anyway as I see from the picture 2 babies trying to come out at the same time this is why not much was happening for our mama cat as the babies was blocking each other from the exit of the birth cannel

before the vet went in to do the c.section I said because she is under I want her spayed while having her c.section I was so relieved that she was under because it gave her a break she was exhausted after the c.section they let me in the surgery room they wasn't allowed to but they no the love I have for all animals.

I see my 6 babies laying there in a line with the heat on them the vet said they all had some oxygen but there was 2 that are very weak that kept needing the oxygen because there breathing will slow down and there heart rate so me and 2 vets was working hard on these 2 babies rubbing them and gently pushing around there ribs to get the breathing back up and heart rate going 1 started breathing properly on its own the other 1 was in and out me and 2 vets worked on the babie that was struggling for 2 hours oxygen rubbing pushing the heart in the end she picked me to take her last breaths in my hands it was a shame she passed away even no we worked on her for 2 hours I wasn't giving up until she decided to give up and that's what she done

I wasn't leaving the vets till I started seeing the other 5 babies moving around and that's what I done they started to come round but they didn't have milk for like 8 hours obviously they didn't have energy I use to hand raise other people's babies in an emergency so I was use to it I hand raised them for the first 2 feeds until they start picking up there energy then they started to nurse from mum and I stepped back so she can bond with the babies she has my room all by her self lucky cow lol haha just so she can rest and bond with the babies because what I don't want is her leaving the babies while I sleep in there because she loves me so I can see her leaving them to come and sleep with me so I'm on the sofa lol haha I would do anything for animals will send pictures of her and the babies soon

Last edited by a moderator:

rubysmama

Forum Helper
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Sorry one of the kittens didn't make it. RIP sweet baby. :angel: But glad you were around when mama went into labor, so you saw she was in trouble and could rush her to the vet. Glad things are going well now. Looking forward to kitten pics. :catlove:

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Wow! Lots going on! It’s a good thing you got her to the vet, and helped work on the babies. Good you fed the babies to get their strength up, and now mom has taken over. Keep us posted!