Looking for advice on wet food brand named Selection

ForeverHungry

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Hello fellow cat nurturers,
I live in Ontario, Canada in case the location is relevant and I am exploring various wet food brands and came across a brand named - Selection. Their ingredients seem okay to me but I couldn't find any discussions of this brand to see what others think about, probably 'cause the brand name is nondescript lol. I think it's Metro's home brand but I don't have metro stores near where I live and I spotted the can in a food basics store. I picked the salmon pate to see how my cat feels about it, but since she's forever hungry, she lapped it up. Just curious if others have tried it and have any opinions about it.

Maurey

Maine Coon Madness
Top Cat
Purraise
Do you have a link to the food, or an ingredients list? Struggling to track it down.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

ForeverHungry

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Oh you're so right, literally just one link which doesn't even have the ingredients listed :nono:
Here's the link to the metro site and adding a pic of the ingredients from the can I have currently.

Attachments

Maurey

Maine Coon Madness
Top Cat
Purraise
Firstly, I wouldn’t regularly feed a food with fish in, especially not a predator fish like salmon or tuna. I’d either keep stinky fish foods for when your cat is feeling icky and doesn’t want to eat, or as a treat, once a week.
Secondly, this food is largely composed of completely unidentified parts of completely unknown animals. A necessary evil to keep costs down, but also not ideal. Foods heavy in unidentified meats/meat byproducts are fine to feed if you’re on a budget, if they have otherwise good composition. Honestly, I’d suggest FF Classics over this brand, for all it’s bad rap, it has a decent composition for the price (just stick to classics and avoid fish) — brewers rice is very high up on the list (has no nutritional value for a cat and raises the carb level higher than is acceptable), and “natural and artificial flavourings” is a concern, as that can encompass a lot of things.

ForeverHungry

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Oh gosh I did not know these details, especially about brewers rice! Thank you so much. I currently do a combo of fancy feast classic and blue buffalo. Was curious to see if this could be added to the mix. Oh well, out it goes!

Maurey

Maine Coon Madness
Top Cat
Purraise
I’d personally be cautious of BB, though it may be better in Canada than in the states. If memory serves they it both has a very poor recall history, and their food is quite overpriced for the quality.

ForeverHungry

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I have never heard of this brand until just now. I looked it up and looks like it's only available in the Maritimes.

ForeverHungry

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Oh interesting! Online I did not see pet valu showing any ontario locations. Will check at the stores near me, thank you!