Longtime Member Catkiki (meda) Needs Help - Updated

jcat

Mo(w)gli's can opener
Veteran
Purraise
Many of you might know/remember our longtime member Catkiki and her cats, Rusty and Dusty. Meda has had it really rough the past few years; after enduring surgery and chemotherapy she's a cancer survivor, but is unemployed as a result. Her husband is retired, their car just required major repairs, and now they have to move because the house they're renting is being sold. She's desperately trying to raise the money for the move and the deposit for an apartment where she can keep her beloved cats.

If anybody is interested in donating, the page is here

Please note: This appeal for financial assistance has been posted with the express permission of the site owner, Anne, and the approval of the moderating team and represents an exception to the
TCS Forum Rules

nurseangel

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Bumping this thread!  I've thought about you a lot and wondered how you were getting along.  I hope you reach your goal.

catkiki

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thanks everyone. It looks like we are going to get the apartment. I will find out this afternoon or tomorrow. That being said, we still need about $400 to pay the pet deposit. Our poor girls somehow got a case of fleas. They were so miserable. I got some Frontline for them and used a flea comb. Rusty loved the comb but Dusty hated it, lol. I also got a spray for the carpet and furniture. Don't want any pesky critters at the new place. That stuff is expensive! But the girls are a lot happier now.

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I'm sorry Meda.  That may turn out to be a good thing; it may not have been a place you would have been happy in the long run.  I'm sure it is really stressful having everything "up in the air."  

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

jcat

Mo(w)gli's can opener
Veteran
Purraise
I'm sorry Meda.  That may turn out to be a good thing; it may not have been a place you would have been happy in the long run.  I'm sure it is really stressful having everything "up in the air."  :alright:
:yeah: Things often happen for a reason. :vibes::vibes::vibes: that you find the perfect place!

catkiki

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thanks. I figure we need about $500 - 600 more for the deposits. The place we are currently looking at wants $1500 in security and pet deposits. I hate moving!

catkiki

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Well, we got the apartment and will be moving April 1st! We have a high deposit, $1490, but that includes $700 pet deposit. (350 per cat) We have most of the money, just need about $300-400 more. I really appreciate the prayers and all who have helped.