Longing To See Her Again

katocats

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
:catrub:We lost our girl Ziggy nearly two years ago she was only three I posted her loss at the time we still have her sister with us. I was sitting watching t.v. the other night and got this awful longing to see her again which I know just isn't possible I thought I was getting over her death but this just brought it all back we had a very close bond me and Ziggs

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Darlin, I can tell you just one thing. You don't get "over" it, you get "through" it. And it will always come back to slap you in the face when you least expect it. But time does dull the edges of that slap a bit. Really, 1.5 years is about what it takes to begin the real healing, and 2 years isn't long at all. This is so natural. You lost a dear, beloved family member. Talk it out here whenever you feel the need to do so. We understand.

Rest you gentle, Ziggy, dream you deep. Your pawprints are in someone's heart forever.

les26

Sylvester's daddy
Top Cat
Purraise
It is easy to think about them and long for them again, no matter how long ago they left us, but they are still around us in spirit and in our hearts and memory, they never fully leave us.

I know how you feel, just at supper I was telling Deb how I still think about Simon who passed 5/14 and Sebastian 11/15, and when I feel sad about that I just go and "pester Vester", my guy pictured on the left who looks like those two boys combined together, but when he goes I'll be a wreck, but I hope it is not for a LONG time!!

I am glad that you still have her sister, I'm sure that is somewhat comforting to you. God Bless....:alright: :rbheart:

di and bob

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
For me it is like the ocean. Most often gentle and almost comforting in it's swells, bringing a sense that you are surviving and getting through the grief that in the beginning held us under, drowning in our tears. Then, unexpectedly, we are drowning again in a tsunami of emotions and longing, the grief so fresh it breaks our hearts all over again.
We shared our lives with these little ones, we gave them our hearts. I know that not one of them would want us to be drowning, because simply that is what love is all about. They would want us to cherish the time we did have with them, to know our lives were enriched and changed forever by simply accepting what they offered, unconditional love. To never have had them in our lives at all, even to avoid the horrific pain that comes when they leave us, would have been unthinkable. We have to go on, live again, love again, because that is the legacy they left us, and that is what they want us to do. The grief you feel is equal to the love you gave, so try to concentrate on the love, not drown in the grief. Death can never take away that bond, that connection between your souls. It is eternal because it is not physical. I'm sure you were feeling that connection when you thought of your little girl, use it to bring comfort knowing she will always be there, loving you.

mightyboosh

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It's about a year since we lost Poppy and it still hurts. We lost Bomber over ten years ago and My daughter still has a strong 'wanting to see him' feeling now and again.

catladymary

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
:catrub:We lost our girl Ziggy nearly two years ago she was only three I posted her loss at the time we still have her sister with us. I was sitting watching t.v. the other night and got this awful longing to see her again which I know just isn't possible I thought I was getting over her death but this just brought it all back we had a very close bond me and Ziggs
They are beautiful, and we will never get over them leaving us. My heart breaks each time I realize just how special they are to us, the bond is unbelievable. My heart goes out to you!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

katocats

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I just had to come here and share this moment with people who would understand how I felt thank you for all your kind comments :touched:

catladymary

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I just had to come here and share this moment with people who would understand how I felt thank you for all your kind comments :touched:
The pain is the deepest I've felt. My heart can't quit aching. And yes we do know where you are in this horrendous nightmare.