Long time cat raiser first time cat owner

catlady4ever

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Well, after raising so many cats in my young life, I finally adopted a kitty for myself! I've been wanting a cat but because I was focused on school I couldn't consider having a pet, even as an emotional support animal (which I truly do need). Now that I'm graduating, I finally took the leap of faith to bring home this sweet girl from a shelter.

IMG_3284.jpeg
Screen Shot 2020-09-30 at 7.52.39 PM.png

Her name is Moody and a gorgeous little girl. She's the runt I'm assuming because she's almost 4 months and only 2 lb and 8 ounces. She's playful and a champ at sleeping. Eating well and adjusting even better than I expected. She does not like being held but I assume it's do her being spayed 2 days ago. You'll probably see her around. She is a teeny girl with a whole lot of spunk. I am so grateful my insomnia kept me up to even see her listing and her sisters and I went early at 9 am to go pick see her. I eventually picked her and not her sister mainly because she was just a purr motor. I'm so happy she's home now!

Attachments

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

catlady4ever

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
The most gorgeous of torties!! She's such a gorgeous girl I cannot wait to see how she looks in a year once she's grown!

tabbytom

Happiness is being owned by a cat
Staff Member
Mentor
Purraise
3d4a7fca5a901077faa7d23e16e6e300.gif
catlady4ever and Moody, on behalf of The Catsite community, a warm
68ae3a05b59600a393f84b44e8c9c352.gif
to both of you.

So glad that you’ve joined this wonderful site and you are in the right place for all things cat and this site is loaded with tons of rich resources and you’ll find friendly and helpful cats around and many of our cats are very knowledgeable in cat related stuffs.

Thank you for adopting Moody from the shelter and for giving her a warm and fur-ever loving home and a safe sanctuary to live out her life :clapcat:

Moody is a pretty gal :redheartpump: :hearthrob: Do post more photos of her and we have a special thread just for her here in:- post-pics-of-calicos-tortieshells-and-orange-cats-here.303458 and many fun threads in fur-pictures-and-videos-only.29 to showcase what your kitty is up to and
IMG_3292.GIF
on your coming graduation.

New Here? I Have A Few Suggestions For You!
Community Guidelines & Practices - Frequently Asked Questions
Forum Rules

Feel free to ask questions if you have any and start a new thread of your own and post them under the appropriate forums and do check out the many informative articles we have here in Articles | The Cat Site and don't forget to subscribe to our Newsletter :- newsletter-subscription-tutorial.33873 to stay informed of what goes on in TCS!

Enjoy your stay and see ya around :wink:

catlady4ever

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
View attachment 353098 catlady4ever and Moody, on behalf of The Catsite community, a warm View attachment 353099 to both of you.

So glad that you’ve joined this wonderful site and you are in the right place for all things cat and this site is loaded with tons of rich resources and you’ll find friendly and helpful cats around and many of our cats are very knowledgeable in cat related stuffs.

Thank you for adopting Moody from the shelter and for giving her a warm and fur-ever loving home and a safe sanctuary to live out her life :clapcat:

Moody is a pretty gal :redheartpump: :hearthrob: Do post more photos of her and we have a special thread just for her here in:- post-pics-of-calicos-tortieshells-and-orange-cats-here.303458 and many fun threads in fur-pictures-and-videos-only.29 to showcase what your kitty is up to and View attachment 353100 on your coming graduation.

New Here? I Have A Few Suggestions For You!
Community Guidelines & Practices - Frequently Asked Questions
Forum Rules

Feel free to ask questions if you have any and start a new thread of your own and post them under the appropriate forums and do check out the many informative articles we have here in Articles | The Cat Site and don't forget to subscribe to our Newsletter :- newsletter-subscription-tutorial.33873 to stay informed of what goes on in TCS!

Enjoy your stay and see ya around :wink:
Thank you! I will be posting a lot! I am excited to finally start a family with this little girl and have many adventures.

catlady4ever

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Yes, please share your experiences here which may help others too.
Definitely will! I'm going to try to leash train her as I did with a pass cat (god rest his soul) as I'm going to be taking her on trips as well as not letting her go out unsupervised as I had lost a cat like that. I'll keep this site updated!!

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Welcome to you and Moody, and welcome to the Wonderful World of Torties! As you can see, I may be a tiny bit biased about them...

catlady4ever

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Beautiful! And unusual to see white in there too. Welcome to the Cat Site!
she has no other white spot except on her chest. Is it odd she has that?

Welcome to you and Moody, and welcome to the Wonderful World of Torties! As you can see, I may be a tiny bit biased about them...
Oh I just love torties! I've never seen a tortie before I got her and I am already in love.

Welcome, and she's such a doll!!
Just in case this is helpful :) ;
Harness And Leash Training For Cats – TheCatSite Articles
Thank you! I will probably train her once she's 6 months or at least a bit bigger!