Long Live the Prince

Nature9000

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
You'll get the reference in a minute. Prince had the funniest moment just the other day. If you know the Lion King, you know the famous cliff scene where Mufasa falls to his death. Well. Prince was trying to jump onto the bed where I was and it all happened so fast but he didn't quite make the jump and landed right on the edge of the bed. His front paws pulled at the blanket and he gave me this one pitiful look before slipping right off and falling to the ground-and he actually fell backwards. Not a long drop but I thought it was hilarious, especially that one final look as if to say "welp, I'm done".

Of course this goofy cat is also the same cat that climbed on top of the cat scratching post tower, spotted a gnat or something on the wall beside it and jumped into the wall, landing on the ground and walking off while looking around as if to ensure no one just saw his little not-quite-thought-through maneuver.

Jem

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It really is funny to see their failed attempts....as long as they don't get hurt of course. Just the other day, Chester was half sleeping on the back of the couch and he stretched out and just rolled off. Landing on the seat, on his back, all four legs sticking up. The look on his face was priceless, he was stunned and confused, but he quickly jumped right back up and got all comfy again.

Neko-chan's mama

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Of course this goofy cat is also the same cat that climbed on top of the cat scratching post tower, spotted a gnat or something on the wall beside it and jumped into the wall, landing on the ground and walking off while looking around as if to ensure no one just saw his little not-quite-thought-through maneuver.
this reminded me of a funny moment with the cat I had as a teen. A friend and I were swimming in our above ground pool at night and the cat was walking around the edge. Well, a firefly flew across her face and she went to pounce on it. I'll never forget the " oh crap " look on her face just before she fell in the water.

• Purraise
Reactions: Jem

catapault

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Many, many, many years ago my parents had a Siamese looking cat. One day he went to jump up on the toilet. But someone had left the lid up. Poor cat landed with his hind legs on the rim, his chin on the rim and - his front legs dangling down into the bowl! He was frantically calling for help because any attempt to get up would drop him into the water. I confess we first laughed, then rescued him.