Long haired red/cinnamon and white tuxedo

MyCatBossesMeAround

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I got my cat about a month ago from an acquaintance of mine. She had a woman living with her temporarily. The woman up and left her cat and went into a year long rehab. So the acquaintance of mine was trying to rehome him. So I offered to take him in. So Ihave no idea what breed he is. I’m going to eventually get him tested to see what breed he is but I figured who better to ask than fellow some cat lovers. So a little information on my cat (his name is Mancoon) he’s a long haired cinnamon/red and white colored tabby tuxedo. He’s got a big head and thick neck. Pretty sturdy cat. He’s 10.6 pounds and is roughly 2-3 years old. Here are some pictures of him if anyone has any ideas on his possible breed i would love to know. Thank you!

Attachments

GoldyCat

Staff Member
Purraise
With an unknown history he's considered a Domestic Longhair. I don't see any strong features in him that are specific to any pedigreed breed.

DNA testing in cats has not developed to the point of being able to differentiate between specific breeds. I'd do a lot more research on what is available before wasting your money.

Gorgeous cat. What is his name?

Moka

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Your boy would be a domestic long hair, just like GoldyCat GoldyCat said. Most cats are domestic and not any specific breed. That does not make them any less amazing or special. But, if you want to be more specific about his coloring, I would describe your kitty as a domestic long haired, red mackerel tabby with white. He is just beautiful by the way.
Edit: Spelling

Maurey

Maine Coon Madness
Top Cat
Purraise
As others have said, he’s a DLH. Do you have photos in bright natural lighting? He’s almost definitely not cinnamon, as he’s a solid (area around the muzzle is dark) and his hue isn’t quite right, so he’s either a red or cream solid with the typical tabby pattern bleed through. Hard to tell with the lighting, but my guess is that he’s a darker cream solid and white, as he’s got a fairly cool hue.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

MyCatBossesMeAround

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
With an unknown history he's considered a Domestic Longhair. I don't see any strong features in him that are specific to any pedigreed breed.

DNA testing in cats has not developed to the point of being able to differentiate between specific breeds. I'd do a lot more research on what is available before wasting your money.

Since I didn’t know much about him I just said he was a domestic long hair when they asked at the vet when I took him to get fixed. I’ll take the information on the breed test into consideration before buying anything. Also Thank you for the lovely compliment. His name is Mancoon ( it’s a long story lol)

MyCatBossesMeAround

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Your boy would be a domestic long hair, just like GoldyCat GoldyCat said. Most cats are domestic and not any specific breed. That does not make them any less amazing or special. But, if you want to be more specific about his coloring, I would describe your kitty as a domestic long haired, red mackerel tabby with white. He is just beautiful by the way.
Edit: Spelling
Thank you ☺ I appreciate the all the info

Meowmee

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I got my cat about a month ago from an acquaintance of mine. She had a woman living with her temporarily. The woman up and left her cat and went into a year long rehab. So the acquaintance of mine was trying to rehome him. So I offered to take him in. So Ihave no idea what breed he is. I’m going to eventually get him tested to see what breed he is but I figured who better to ask than fellow some cat lovers. So a little information on my cat (his name is Mancoon) he’s a long haired cinnamon/red and white colored tabby tuxedo. He’s got a big head and thick neck. Pretty sturdy cat. He’s 10.6 pounds and is roughly 2-3 years old. Here are some pictures of him if anyone has any ideas on his possible breed i would love to know. Thank you!
Beautiful baby he reminds me of my Merlin 😻 I would call him a dlh ginger(red) tuxedo tabby, with possible forest cat ancestry.

MyCatBossesMeAround

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Awe I’m glad he reminds you of your furbaby Merlin 🥰 Interesting you mention possible forest cat ancestry. It was one of the breeds I though of when I first seen him. He doesn’t seem to mind the cold as much as the other cats I’ve encountered both long hair and short haired breeds.

Meowmee

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Awe I’m glad he reminds you of your furbaby Merlin 🥰 Interesting you mention possible forest cat ancestry. It was one of the breeds I though of when I first seen him. He doesn’t seem to mind the cold as much as the other cats I’ve encountered both long hair and short haired breeds.
My Sybil( profile pic) was part nfc and she loved running around in the snow for hours, no weather phased her. They have very long guard hairs which act as a water barrier and keep them warm. She could also jump/ fly around like no other cat, they have very long legs and are amazing athletes.