Long haired kitty has fur stuck in urethra

gizzymo

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
So I’m not sure how long it’s been like this but I just checked my cat out and he has a little clump of fur that is stuck INSIDE of his pp. I tried to pull it out gently and he meows hysterically...what should I do???(also i think the fur is being stuck there by crusty pee)

mrsgreenjeens

Every Life Should Have Nine Cats
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Can he not reach that area to clean himself? Most cats clean themselves and he should be able to lick it enough to free the fur, if that's the case. If he is too fat to do that, then he may be screaming because, well, you'd scream too if someone was touching your privates :wink:

But in all seriousness, it's not stopping his ability to urinate, is it? If so, then you need to get him to the Vet asap. If not, then I really think he'll be able to take care of it himself. If nothing else, he should be able to scoot on the ground to dislodge it if it's bothering him. Justmy opinion.

FeebysOwner

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Hi. :yeah: Also, instead of trying to pull it out, especially since you think it is there from 'crusted pee', how about trying to use a warm wet wipe to dislodge it? A soft cloth, even with something as simple as warm water, might be enough.