Long Haired As An Adult?

ShellyDawnHuppe

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hello all,

This lil man is coming to live with me in 2 days.
I’ve only seen a picture of him because he is a 2 1/2 hour flight away.
My question is, do you think he’ll stay this fluffy into adulthood?

Thank you for your responses.

Shelly

Willowy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yes, that's one poofy little guy! He'll be longhaired as an adult. Not as dramatic as a Persian, I don't think. . .I suspect he'll have more of a Norwegian Forest Cat kind of coat.

Is he purebred? If so, what breed?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

ShellyDawnHuppe

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Yes, that's one poofy little guy! He'll be longhaired as an adult. Not as dramatic as a Persian, I don't think. . .I suspect he'll have more of a Norwegian Forest Cat kind of coat.

Is he purebred? If so, what breed?
I am not sure what his breed is. A woman in Nunavut, Canada was giving him away. She is in a remote area up north with not many resources for adoptions so I am taking him. I fell in love with him at first sight. He arrives on Wed.
I would love to know his breed if possible.

abyeb

Charlie's Purrson
Veteran
Purraise
He’s adorable! Yes, I do think that he will be longhaired as an adult. He’s going to be so lucky to have you!

Willowy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Ah, if he's not from a breeder he probably doesn't have any purebred heritage. He's a domestic longhair. I think the thick coat comes from many generations of cats living up North.

He is adorable! I'm sure you two will have lots of fun together :D.

ShellyDawnHuppe

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Ah, if he's not from a breeder he probably doesn't have any purebred heritage. He's a domestic longhair. I think the thick coat comes from many generations of cats living up North.

He is adorable! I'm sure you two will have lots of fun together :D.
That’s a huge possibility. I’m fine with whatever he is.

Catlady530

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
What an adorable little guy! Please post lots of pics once you have him! How old is he? Do you have a name in mind yet?

Not sure if you’ll find this helpful since my little guy isn’t an adult yet, but wanted to show you how much their coat can change as they grow. This is Winston at around 2 months vs 4 months. Where did that amazing mane go?

I expect that it will come back in though once he’s an adult. I think right now he’s just growing too fast for his hair to keep up. :).

Likewise, given the amount of floof your kitty has, I would imagine he would end up longhaired as an adult as well, just don’t be surprised if he seems to lose some of it for a bit!

6F24A96B-0349-479E-8AF2-451979F1C106.jpeg

ShellyDawnHuppe

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Omg is your lil guy adorable.
I have 2 names I’m thinking about. Leo & Karl. I’m not to sure just yet. He is 9 weeks old so I’m sure he’s going to change quite a bit. I think that picture was taken when he was approximately 7 weeks. I haven’t seen any pictures since.
Tomorrow is the big day! He flys in to be with my family. I’m a little excited. Lol.

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
Tomorrow is the big day! He flys in to be with my family. I’m a little excited. Lol.
And we're excited for you. :jive: He's so precious that I'm sure you won't get much sleep tonight in anticipation of his homecoming. All the best of luck and please post more pics after he arrives. :camera: Keep us posted on his new name. Good luck!:goodluck: