Long hair cats

JulieHarr

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Recently had to put one of my cats on wet food. So far his favorite is Sheba. I need to check further here on the site to see about the healthiest one.

carebearbaby1

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Beautiful domestic medium hair cat. I really don't think she's part Maine Coon. She's probably done growing. She should continue to grow coat for a little while but I don't think it's get longer, maybe a little thicker.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Apogee

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Recently had to put one of my cats on wet food. So far his favorite is Sheba. I need to check further here on the site to see about the healthiest one.
I used Sheba and switched to Petco house brand about a month ago for exactly the same price per ounce. She will eat just 2 teaspoons and stop. I will try the stuff at the grocery store and see if she likes that.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Apogee

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Beautiful domestic medium hair cat. I really don't think she's part Maine Coon. She's probably done growing. She should continue to grow coat for a little while but I don't think it's get longer, maybe a little thicker.
Her hair really got long in the past 3 months. The longest stand is 4” under her cheek and on her tail. It will be interesting to see what happens this winter. I got her at the local humane center here in Pasadena, CA. She was 2 pounds when I picked her up. Her coat was noticeably different looking then the other kittens, almost ‘teddy bear’ like because the hairs would bunch into little ‘wavey spikes’ and not individually separated hair stands like the others. She came into the shelter with her whole family, mom & dad and litter. The owners had to give them up and she was the last to be taken (adopted), luckily by me. My other cat was also adopted 2 weeks before. I always marvel that the other boy could have been taken off the streets, running around wild. They don’t have any history on the boy.