Long-distance Cat Travel Follow-up

sailon

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
A couple of weeks ago I asked for advice re moving long distance with Maxine. Maxine is 10 years old and hates getting in her carrier, but once in settles down nicely..
I was nervous about Max being in her carrier for 5 to 6 uninterrupted hours without food, water, or litter. The general consensus was that she'd be ok.

And, she was. I am happy to report that the trip was a non event. Max never made a sound and slept much of the time. That's not to say she wasn't happy to get out when she reached her new home.

Cats are amazingly adaptable creatures.

ArtNJ

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Cats are amazingly adaptable creatures.
True, but still say a small prayer of thanks, as it doesn't always go so well. I've had more than one cat that would make what the wife and I call the universal sound of cat distress for long enough to drive you batty AND poop in the carrier. Vet techs are so used to cleaning up cat accidents that they don't even bat an eye, but it can be very challenging if you have to do it in the car yourself.

fionasmom

Staff Member
Purraise
I am so glad to hear that things went well. Yes, DH and I both drove a long way once with a howling cat who burst out of her carrier in the car and plastered herself against the window cartoon style.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

sailon

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I am so glad to hear that things went well. Yes, DH and I both drove a long way once with a howling cat who burst out of her carrier in the car and plastered herself against the window cartoon style.
LOL