Lonely Feral... Lost Siblings

sweetlilac

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I have a feral who came with this house when i moved in 8 years ago. She had 2 sibs at the time. Eventually the other two disappeared. Not sure why. Coyotes? Illness? They used to clean each other, sleep together, and so on.

Now this last one is a "tweener", she will purr or speak a bit but otherwise shy to touch. But she seems clearly disoriented after losing her last sibling about three months ago. She stares inside our house, and recently wants to brush up against my legs. I do talk to her, and she purrs and kneads when she eats, when I do this. I just cannot be doing this all day!

I am allergic to bugs, but I have let her rub against me, wearing pants, and then cleaned off my pants with tape. I feel for her, and know that she will be cold this winter. Also she just looks so lonely.

I plan on making a nest for her as her sibs won't keep her warm anymore. But I have no idea how to cheer her up and it is just sad how she stares and mopes. I wish there were something I could do for her but I have no ideas.

She does wander off for a bit and then return during the day. But she wants to be fed (we bring in the food as to not invite other wildlife to eat it). Basically, I think she is neurotic, OCD, or something, I can't fault her, I just wish I could be more help.

Any ideas? Thanks.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

sweetlilac

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I meant to say she implies that she is hungry when she stares at us and marches back and forth, dramatically!, and wants food over and over. But she really just wants attention. Eats one bite and then goes back to staring at us. More attention than I can really give her. She isn't hungry. She's bored and lonely.

di and bob

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It will improve in time. Just give her as much attention as you can, you are correct in thiinking she is lonely. If you are able, get her a heated cat pad for the winter, I have several for my ferals in outide small houses. It only costs to run them the equivalent of a 40 watt bulb. She would appreciate it. keeping cats well fed in teh winter helps them endure the cold too.

walli

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Are you interested in bringing her in? She sounds friendly

I see you posted on another thread that you cannot bring her in.
Make her a nice safe place to live and she will be comfortable.