Silver Crazy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Friend of mine is trying to join up to TCS but the submit button is covered up by advertising you cant turn off or do anything.
Also trying to sign up from FB the site crashes.

LTS3

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
The button just goes to the registration page which is ---> Register <---- Have your friend try this link.

Anne

Site Owner
Staff Member
Admin
Purraise
The link worked but TCS pages still full of ads
Can you please provide a screenshot? I just tested the page and Register button looks fine to me with the ads -
1625389693786.png

I tried with my phone and it wasn't covered there either.

Anne

Site Owner
Staff Member
Admin
Purraise
If you log in as a registered user there should be a lot less ads.
That's true, but the registration page itself doesn't have too many ads. That's on purpose. There's only one at the footer and the Register button should be above that. I just tested it and it works for me, so I wonder what kind of browser that person is using.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Silver Crazy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Can you please provide a screenshot? I just tested the page and Register button looks fine to me with the ads -
View attachment 386821
I tried with my phone and it wasn't covered there either.
If you log in as a registered user there should be a lot less ads.
Haven't got a screenshot of the register page but have one after successful register.
209914188_487996389168355_2291433988938065570_n.png

Silver Crazy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
As you see whole left side full of advertising..she cancelled her account and will probably try later. She uses google chrome
I dont know whether its our region but if i use mobile phone to look at site without logging in it becomes unusable because of growing number of ads that start blocking out the screen

Anne

Site Owner
Staff Member
Admin
Purraise
As you see whole left side full of advertising..she cancelled her account and will probably try later. She uses google chrome
I dont know whether its our region but if i use mobile phone to look at site without logging in it becomes unusable because of growing number of ads that start blocking out the screen
I just tried again (not logged in) and can't see that on my phone :dunno:. Is she seeing pop-ups that block out the screen? That would mean something is wrong with the display. Possibly some malware hijacking the page. We have ads in between posts (and more of them for those not logged in) but they should never cover any of the content. None of the ads should be covering content. The layouts have been tested by people and this is the first time I hear of ads blocking out the screen, so that's why I wonder if there's something else going on.

ETA - just to clarify - we also have ads in the sidebar (desktop view), footer and header. None should be covering any of the content.

Silver Crazy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I just tried again (not logged in) and can't see that on my phone :dunno:. Is she seeing pop-ups that block out the screen? That would mean something is wrong with the display. Possibly some malware hijacking the page. We have ads in between posts (and more of them for those not logged in) but they should never cover any of the content. None of the ads should be covering content. The layouts have been tested by people and this is the first time I hear of ads blocking out the screen, so that's why I wonder if there's something else going on.

ETA - just to clarify - we also have ads in the sidebar (desktop view), footer and header. None should be covering any of the content.
Could be malware on her system...will get her to run a scan and see what happens