"liver Shake" Recipe For Inappetant Cats

LTS3

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Just wanted to share this for anyone who has an inappetant cat or just to have for reference in the future :)

THE '~LIVER SHAKE~' FOR SICK CATS | Feline Diabetes Message Board - FDMB

Also posted at THE '~LIVER SHAKE~' FOR SICK CATS

Many members of the FDMB have had good results using the "liver shake" recipe for all cats, not just diabetic ones.

:whistle:Note:
The recipe is to be used in addition to proper veterinary care. It is not a cure or remedy and does not replace veterinary care.

Always ask your vet before trying this recipe or anything else. It's important that your vet be kept in the loop on your cat's specific medical issue(s) and needs. There is contact info at the bottom of the recipe should you or your vet need further information about the recipe.:whistle:

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

LTS3

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I'm sure you can use other kinds of liver if a cat won't or can't eat the suggested beef and chicken liver. It's best to contact the vet listed at the bottom of the recipe to be sure.

It may be tricky to source liver from other animals, though. Butcher shops might be able to get liver from specific animals. Ethnic markets are another source. If you know someone who hunts game to eat, ask if you can have the liver. Hare-today.com (US shipping only) has a great selection of liver from different animals: Category | Hare Today, Gone Tomorrow

cheeser

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thank you ever so much for sharing! :worship: :hearthrob: :redheartpump: :hearthrob:

I don't mind whipping out the syringes if that's what it takes to get some calories and nutrients into our kitties until their appetites pick back up again. But it's always nice to have as many options as possible to encourage them to eat on their own. After Buddy's most recent bout of inappetence, I think my hair is now grayer than his. :wink:

cheeser

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
LTS3 LTS3 , would you happen to know about how long this would probably keep in the fridge?

LTS3

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
A few days? You can freeze the extra shake for later use.

LTS3

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Thought I'd bump this up :) It's a good reference to have.