Little Gypsy Having Dental Surgery Today!

Candybee

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
My new shelter cat, Gypsy, is undergoing her tooth extractions today. Had to wait a month for her appt. Picking her up this afternoon. Praying all goes well. Poor little sweetie had to have been in pain and discomfort for years due to her chronic dental hygiene. She was that way when I got her at the shelter and vet said it took years for it to get to the condition she was in.

Her is a pic of my little sweetie pie!
sleepy eyes.jpg

foxxycat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Honeybee on my lap, music playing in background
Good luck sweet girl!!! Beautiful cat!!

I bet she will feel 100% better afterwards-will they send you home with pain meds? KMR and goats milk may help nourish after surgery. Also pick up some meat babyfood too. No onion/garlic- my girls love ham gerber baby food. I hope everything goes ok!!!

di and bob

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My Casper just got home from his surgery. Noticed he was losing weight and brought him in. No pain meds, just an antibiotic, and this is day three. Acts like nothing ever happened. Ate hard food the first day. Of course he only had two removed and a cleaning, his two were broke off. Your little girl will feel a lot better I bet, she'll do fine!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Candybee

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Good luck sweet girl!!! Beautiful cat!!

I bet she will feel 100% better afterwards-will they send you home with pain meds? KMR and goats milk may help nourish after surgery. Also pick up some meat babyfood too. No onion/garlic- my girls love ham gerber baby food. I hope everything goes ok!!!
The vet told me she will give her a 3-day pain med injection so she should be okay while she heals. I will remember the babyfood. I know she loves turkey, chicken, and beef so I may try those too. Who knows, she may just eat the same like nothing. Vet said she may or may not want to eat and she may just want to sleep after so I guess will see how Gypsy feels this afternoon when I get her back home!

Candybee

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
My Casper just got home from his surgery. Noticed he was losing weight and brought him in. No pain meds, just an antibiotic, and this is day three. Acts like nothing ever happened. Ate hard food the first day. Of course he only had two removed and a cleaning, his two were broke off. Your little girl will feel a lot better I bet, she'll do fine!
During the initial exam it looked like Gypsy would need a full extraction. Her entire mouth was full of rotten teeth and gums. I saw the inside of her mouth and it was so bad you wanted to cry. So I am thinking that after this is all done she may be experiencing a pain free life for the first time in years!

Won't know yet til I pick her up. I haven't gotten any calls from the vet so everything must be okay. They were supposed to call if anything unusual came up. Otherwise I just pick her up after 3 PM today. That's in about an hour. Woohoo, can't wait! I miss her!

Etarre

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Good luck to you and Gypsy! Hoping this leads to a better quality of life for your cute kitty.

duckpond

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Im so glad she is getting it all taken care of. I imagine she will feel soooo much better! Let us know how she is doing later :)

Candybee

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
It's almost time! I am killing time here on the forum til I pick her up.... boy am I anxious!

duckpond

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It's almost time! I am killing time here on the forum til I pick her up.... boy am I anxious!
I bet you are! my little white girl was in the hospital almost two weeks. I was so happy to get her home. Its amazing how much we miss the little fuzzballs :) update us later.

Candybee

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
We just got back home. Gypsy have 7 teeth pulled plus one canine from last month makes a total of 8 teeth. Wowzer! She is on a 3 day pain med injection and also an antibiotic injection so I don't need to give her any meds thank goodness!

The first thing she wanted when she got home was some food! I gave her some Fancy Feast. The vet said to feed her soft food for several days.

Right now she's hiding... but I just feel so much better having her dental work behind her and her recovering from it. I'm sure she will feel better in a couple days and much better than she has felt in years I bet!

duckpond

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I bet she will be better, happier and healthier too! keep us updated with the sweet little girl!

Candybee

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Well things have suddenly changed. Gypsy came out of hiding after a couple hours and went straight to her food bowl. Ate it all and wanted more. Then she has been doing a lot of running around in the house back and forth with the cat crazies. She has been running all afternoon and evening and in between going to her dinner bowl for more!

She is also flip flopping over and over when I pet her. She acts like she is high off her pain meds. I seem to have one very happy kitty right now. I have never seen her so happy and full of energy!

I honestly thought she would be sleepy, groggy, and grumpy for a day or two. Boy was I wrong! I currently have one very happy kitty!

Candybee

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
PS... her eyes are dilated so I am guessing she must have a kitty high.

Etarre

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Hooray for Gypsy! She deserves to enjoy the high a bit after what she's been through. It must be a relief for you that she's in a good mood, too.

Candybee

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Hooray for Gypsy! She deserves to enjoy the high a bit after what she's been through. It must be a relief for you that she's in a good mood, too.
My sentiments exactly! It's a hoot to see her having such joy!