Little Gray Feral...under The Tree Of Heaven

catsknowme

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
oh,no...not another :headshake: Yesterday, I found a little gray feral at the supermarket colony, deceased in the grass. It was born March/April. No obvious cause. I couldn't bear to leave it for Animal Control to take to the county dump....I don't know why.
In our area, the Tree of Heaven has come over from the western side of the Sierra. The Tree of Heaven is from China, brought to California by men whose hearts loved their homeland and who would sleep under the stars of a strange land. Although an invasive species, it flourishes despite drought, heat and cold and provides lush, tropical beauty. I thought it fitting to bury the little kitten in my yard under a Tree of Heaven.
Good night, little gray kitten. You are Home now.

Kflowers

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I believe that when one spends a short time on this earth one's heart is already filled with the lessons one has very little to learn. Where the little gray one would not care, I'm glad you were able to give this very old soul a safe place to continue on his journey home.

di and bob

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I have always buried my little strays that show up, just because they were abandoned and unloved when they found me, they deserved a last loving acknowledgment that their life mattered, that someone DID care. Just as you have done, a loving heart that will be blessed for your act of kindness.
My heart cries for that sweet baby. He deserved so much more in life. Thank God he had you to watch over and feed him, his short life could have been so much harder still. His tie to you will continue, you will keep him safe and warm now, tucked into a secure place in your heart. I thank you from the bottom of my heart for your kindness and will praty fro the rest of that colony, take care......
RIP sweet little one. You will never be forgotten. May the angels welcome you with open arms, may you find that special patch of sunshine in which to slumber. May the good Lord kiss you and bless you....goodnight, sleep tight, little one!

Maria Bayote

Mama of 4 Cats, 4 Dogs , 2 Budgies & 2 Humans
Top Cat
Purraise
Thank you for giving this little baby a dignified burial under the Tree of Heaven. All these cats and dogs, whether previously owned or lived in the streets from the beginning deserve a proper burial.

At least, even in the end, this little gray kitten has come home.

Thank you.

jefferd18

Ms. Jeff's Legacy
Top Cat
Purraise
Thank you for caring.

I will say the same thing for this little one as I did for a little black feral kitten who had been stepped on and carelessly abandoned many years ago. I took her to the vet and he tried so hard to save her, but in the end her injuries proved to be too much.

Here is to your little gray girl and all those kittens who think the world has forgotten them .

" I may have been little and insignificant to some, but I was here and I mattered."

tnrmakessense

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Thank you for caring.

I will say the same thing for this little one as I did for a little black feral kitten who had been stepped on and carelessly abandoned many years ago. I took her to the vet and he tried so hard to save her, but in the end her injuries proved to be too much.

Here is to your little gray girl and all those kittens who think the world has forgotten them .

" I may have been little and insignificant to some, but I was here and I mattered."
Thank you, thank you, a thousand times thank you to everyone who cares for a feral, especially a baby, and has known the pain of burying them. And a thousand thanks to all those that send their love to these little guys.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

catsknowme

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thank you, thank you, a thousand times thank you to everyone who cares for a feral, especially a baby, and has known the pain of burying them. And a thousand thanks to all those that send their love to these little guys.
Thank you for your beautiful words. It gets tiring, discouraging and costly on many levels to "fight the good fight". A Quixotic quest to not only allay suffering but to see more cats have a better life and to have more humans appreciate the true rewards of having cats in their lives.

tnrmakessense

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Thank you for your beautiful words. It gets tiring, discouraging and costly on many levels to "fight the good fight". A Quixotic quest to not only allay suffering but to see more cats have a better life and to have more humans appreciate the true rewards of having cats in their lives.
I know exactly what you mean.