Little Girl

Poikaa

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Found this site as I am looking for some solace.... Our Little Girl died yesterday and even though we only cared for her for a short while I hope she is in a better place. You see she was a stray that we cared for but we could not have her in our home, she could not get along with our house kitties. Guessing her age at about four, she is a grey tabby, a Hemingway's cat as she has many extra toes.
She mainly stayed under our cement steps on a warm pad we made for her, we always worried about the bitter cold of Winter we get here in Michigan. She was one tough kitty!
She crossed the bridge in a most bad way as some mad neighbor chased her down used a high power pellet gun.... I'll be posting her photo soon.... of her back on a happier day.

Poikaa and Butterfly

di and bob

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm so very sorry for the heartache you are going through, it does help to have someone acknowledge your feelings and offer support because we have been there. Can you turn that neighbor in to the authorities? In my town it is illegal to discharge ANY kind of gun in the city limits or even near a house in the country. Definitely keep an eye on him, he sounds deranged. I would ask around if you don't know who it is, it is hard for someone like that to hide what they are doing, he is causing suffering and cruelty to animals at the very least. Even turning in a report might help, they can develop a case against him if he escalates to killing pets in their yards. If it is a child, they must be taught the consequences of such a heinous act, before they accept it as sport and enjoyable and escalate into something even more horrifying.
You will be blessed for caring for her, and giving her shelter and most importantly, your love. Little ones like her are so lucky to find someone to care, their lives are so hard and there are so many dangers out there as you well know. I care for several ferals, giving them heated beds in the winter and even feeding the neighborhood domestic cats that are left out to fend for themselves, so I know the bond that can develop between feline and caregiver, it is powerful and rewarding. You obviously let that little grey tabby into your heart, and she took a piece of it with her, leaving behind an emptiness that will take a long time to heal. She left you a piece of hers as well, for comfort and to remind you that she would never want you to be so sad at her parting, she only wants happiness and sunshine in your life, just as you would want for her if you were the first to go.
These first days are excruciating, the pain and the heartache are overwhelming, especially when a life ends in such a cruel and sad way. Try not to dwell on her end, but what she brought into your life, she was there for a reason. This may be a way to honor that little girl's name, get the public involved, change the laws in your town, let people know things like this will not be tolerated. Donate food to your local shelter in her name, but above all else hold those kitties you have in your home tight, we never know when tomorrow won't come, and you need a hug and the comfort of knowing they are there for you.
You have a bond with that sweet girl, use it and your precious memories to bring comfort, she will always be near, her new path will always parallel yours until the end of time. Because her love is a part of you now, it is spiritual, so eternal. I will keep you all in my thoughts and prayers, my heart cries for your pain. Karma will take care of the monster who caused your pain, this will bring darkness on his soul. Take care and welcome to our family at this site, although I wish it was in happier circumstances..........RIP Little Girl, you will never be forgotten, and will hold a place in a loving heart for eternity. May the good Lord bless and keep you until you meet again, goodnight, sleep tight, little Princess!

rubysmama

Forum Helper
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
So very sorry about your poor little stray. Thanks to you and your family she knew what it was like to be cared for and loved. RIP sweet girl. :angel:

betsygee

Just what part of meow don't you understand.
Staff Member
Purraise
Oh, how sad. I'm very glad that little kitty knew love, thanks to you. It was so good of you to take care of her.

RIP, Little Girl. :rbheart:

les26

Sylvester's daddy
Top Cat
Purraise
You did a great thing taking care of her, and she loves you for it. And that person who did that to her, well, I believe that karma will catch up to him, and he will pay for it either in this life or in the next, I hate to hear of things like this and that people have to witness it, but you showed her love and care.

I hope your heart heals a bit more each day, Lord Bless you.....:alright: :grouphug: :rbheart:

Last edited:

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Rest you gentle, Little Girl, dream you deep. Your pawprints are in someone's heart forever. Although you did not go inside, you knew love, and you had a home.

I am so sorry that you lost Little Girl in such a horrible manner. I am constantly disgusted at the cruelty of humans. Thank you for your care of and for her.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Poikaa

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Thanks for all your kind words! Little Girl was not our only and we have three house cats that never go out.... Gizzy, Ben and Missy, they fill us with joy! But Little Girl will be missed!
Gizzy and Ben are brothers and 12 years old, Missy is three. The brothers are from a litter of three from a farm. Their sister (Eepers) has a loving home and she mothered several kittens. Missy was a stray kitten found on a rainy might on Halloween by a pastor of a church and was passed on to a gal who is a parishioner. We meet the woman at WalMart where she was looking for kitten food as Missy was about five weeks old. We adopted her right away and she is a calico.... A month before we adopted Missy we lost our Leo Poo (poo is the Finnish word for tree), he was 15 and we guess Missy was born about the same time. She has some of his character! We like to think Leo is back as a girl!

The healing is happening!

poikaa and butterfly

Poikaa

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
A small update....
We are doing better today but there is this empty spot.... if you know what we mean.
Our three house kittys know something is up but they have this questionable look about them, must the sixth sense they have. Often I talk to my kitty master of me, Gizzy and I know he hears me.... I tell him I wish we could have a big talk..... I just get a silly look!
The other two pick on my better half!

But today is better than yesterday

poikaa and butterfly

di and bob

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Each day will bring about a little more healing, though some will bring a setback, which is perfectly normal. Little Girl will forever be tied to your soul, her love will help with the healing.

Poikaa

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
We made a stop at the local animal shelter, it is a no-kill shelter. We are setting up a memorial in Little Girl's name of a fund. Sort of her food allowance to go to others at the shelter.

poikaa and butterfly

Kitty Mommy

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
We made a stop at the local animal shelter, it is a no-kill shelter. We are setting up a memorial in Little Girl's name of a fund. Sort of her food allowance to go to others at the shelter.

poikaa and butterfly
What a wonderful tribute to your Little Girl!

rubysmama

Forum Helper
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise

poikaa and butterfly
That's such a kind and generous thing to do. :catrub:

LoriaBelle

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
So sorry for your loss, I lost my Callum early hours yesterday so I understand what you are going through completely - these creatures have a habit of getting into our hearts, I'm going to try and focus on all of the happy memories <3

di and bob

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Helping other cats in your little girl's name is tribute to her and a healing balm to a soul that is grieving. It helps you to feel a little better about your self, when there is so much sadness in your heart. Bless you, for your generosity.