Little dog mounting a cat.

Ejdrien

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
My little dog is mounting a cat who oviously didn't like it. It happened when cat tried to get through these little trapdoors for cats that allow them get through the door without me having to open them (sorry for non-specifical language, Im PolIsh). The cat got stuck and dog mounted her. I rushed to intervine and I think no matter the answer I am gonna still do that, but so here is the question:
Does dog acutally mounting a cat for example when I am not around will have impact on cat's psyche? Trauma, etc.

Thanks for every answer in advance :)

di and bob

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
If the cat is stuck and has no way to stop it, yes. The cat should not have to be subjected to that. I take it the dog is not neutered. Testicular cancer is a very real concern in male animals, especially as they get older and neutering helps with all kinds of ailments. How old is the cat? Old enough to take care of itself? If it is a kitten it should be separated from the dog if you are not there to supervise. If it is older, the act should be able to defend itself against the dog. I would watch them closely for a few days and see how the cat handles it. Give the cat plenty of places to jump up onto to get away.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Ejdrien

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
It is 3 years old and she was kicking him out with back feet, so probably it did not come to penetration. I think then I will block the trapdoor for now and get bigger one maybe even that one for either dog and cat, as I am not in house all the time. I think she can resist hima s ashe scratched him for lesser reasons (when being in other circumstances)