Little Bunny Foo Foo

fionasmom

Staff Member
Purraise
Jamie is our adored three year old indoor only rescue orange male. There are 4 other much older indoor only females in the house. Once in a while he will chase one but for the most part hangs out with my husband and I. Last summer I TNRed several ferals who were in the back part of our property. One of the females, Alice who is my avatar, is very friendly to me, very affectionate and I am trying to transition her to indoor. She comes in the back door into the kitchen, will approach Jamie and try to touch noses, roll on her back to play, and sit by him, but his usual response is to bop her on the head with a sheathed paw. Last night she came in and sat under a chair and he got up on the chair and sort of played whack a mole with her until she asked to go back out. She is not yet entirely comfortable with being indoors and there is an entirely non aggressive elderly dog who live inside. Whether or not she gets to live inside is not up to Jamie or his behavior, but what is he trying to tell us? After she left last night he came over to me and started to hit my hand. DH says he is jealous and does not want her inside but if she is not around he will sit and even cry at the door like he misses her.

Hellenww

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
She comes in the back door into the kitchen, will approach Jamie and try to touch noses, roll on her back to play, and sit by him, but his usual response is to bop her on the head with a sheathed paw. Last night she came in and sat under a chair and he got up on the chair and sort of played whack a mole with her until she asked to go back out
It sounds like they are playing. No nails, no hissing, no growling. Her rolling over shows that she's not threatened by him.

Sonatine

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
That really does sound like play. My cats box and smack each other a lot when they play. If I didn't know better I'd think they were fighting, but they always go back for more.

Kat0121

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Another big smack fest this morning through the slightly opened door, which I hold for them, but neither of them left, so it must be fun!
I agree with everyone else. That sounds like "getting to know you" type of play. Alice feeling comfortable enough to show him her belly is a very good thing. Looks like a friendship in the making. Good job with the introductions!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

fionasmom

Staff Member
Purraise
This morning I watched again and can now see the element of play involved. Hopefully this is moving Alice closer to being an indoor cat.