little bump in 2yrs old kitty stomach

maiaelizabeth

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Maia has always been a skinny girl. Petite even. After she got spayed in February she did gain a little weight. She's had a belly since then. Well Saturday I was kissing her tummy when I felt a little bump. She kinda got upset when I touched it and I wasn't even sure it was there. I don't know if she got upset because it hurt or because I was bothering her while she was enjoying her catnip. Just now I picked her up to kiss her and touched her tummy again. Bump is there. Is not even visible but I felt it. Is soft not hard it kind of merges with her fatty. Idk what it is or if it's something bad. Help please. She doesn't seem to be acting different in any way. She's being her old self so I don't think she's in pain. Her insurance has lapsed because I'm currently underemployed so I would like to wait until is reestablished to take her to the vet.

stephanietx

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
If it's near the place of her spay surgery, it could be scar tissue.  I would keep an eye on it and make sure it doesn't get larger.  Mention it to the doctor at your next visit.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

maiaelizabeth

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
It is close to the spay site. Thanks so much for answering I will keep an eye on it. What would happened if it got bigger?