Little Black Kitten Needs Help

surya

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I helped rescue around 64 cats and kittens this year with the help of a rescue organization. One sweet little kitty, now named Louis needs help. He is a special little guy. He was orphaned and dumped by a ladies apartment because her cats had kittens, and the person who dumped him, hoped her mother cats would nurse him. I caught the kittens and the nice rescue lady took him to the vet. The vet thought his eye would have to be removed, but it healed up and he has some sight with that eye. Then he and another little black kitten from the batch got adopted, but it turns out he has a medical problem. The treatment for his condition is very expensive and the adopting family needs some help. Here is the gofundme page, if you can help out a little:

Click here to support Louis's PSS Treatment organized by Katie Vosko

If you can't afford to give a little money, then please send out some positive thoughts for the sweet kitty, thanks.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

surya

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
June Bug and Taffy.jpg
June Bug and Taffy adoption.jpg
Louis and Stella.jpg
Louis is scheduled for his ultrasound Jan 8th. Please spread the word to your animal loving friends, thanks.

Attachments

surya

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
The did the ultrasound, the surgeon was more or less optimistic. They are asking for $4,125 for the partial payment. With an estimate of $4,500- $5,500 charges for treatment. The family is deciding whether or not they will go ahead with it. They would have to take out a loan to pay for it. I wish I could have helped more with there Gofundme page, but I'm pretty antisocial. I think they would need some kind of publicity to raise the money. Anyway, that is the update, please pray or send positive thoughts, thanks.

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
GOOD GRIEF! I'll check my budget, and see...I'm going to be tight this month, but we'll see. And will certainly share it again.

surya

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
GOOD GRIEF! I'll check my budget, and see...I'm going to be tight this month, but we'll see. And will certainly share it again.
My friend has gotten an offer of $1000 for the fund, but the family has a daughter in college and may not feel able to take on more debt. The kitten is doing better on a special diet, but his best chance is with the surgery. So were waiting to hear what they decide to do.

surya

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
There is a new post up about the kitten and it looks like they have scheduled his surgery, yay!

HOPE - Homeless & Orphaned Pets Endeavor

It's national Change a Pet's Life Day, and we are nominating Louis for the pet who's live YOU can change! Louis' family found a vet who feels very confident about this kitten's chances, and they are hoping to do the surgery Feb. 12 - just in time for Valentine's Day.

This surgery means life or death for Louis. We are so grateful to the Vosko family for not giving up on this kitten, as we ALL know there are many who would return an #adopted animal with such a serious condition.

Friends: Can you help us change Louis' life? Please give what you can today. Every few dollars helps
Louis, so please consider changing his little life and asking your friends to do the same.

surya

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Louis had his surgery:

Louis update! Our little fighter had a successful surgery yesterday, and he will be home TODAY for #valentinesday!
They closed the main shunt but saw some others that they hope will remedy with time. His bladder had some crystals but no stones.

surya

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
surya surya
How is he doing now?
Sorry Summercats, somehow I missed your post. I heard that he was having some seizures after the surgery, but that is normal, but is sounds like he is getting better from the recent email that was forwarded to me March 2 :

Hi. He is doing a lot better. Still living in Archie’s crate. The surgeon was adamant that he was not allowed to jump. He was suppose to get his staples out Wednesday, but they had to move it to Monday because they had emergency surgery for another pet. He is being very patient and so is Stella. I’ll let you know how his appointment goes next week. We are looking forward to it!

surya

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Here's the latest report on the kitty:

So I can’t remember if I updated you after his last appointment. We have all been fighting allergies and viruses here. But all are on the mend and happy Spring Break is here!

Louis finally had his staples out and is off 2 of his meds! He has a hardy appetite and seems to be back to his normal self. He will be able to start to wean off his seizure med in a few weeks with one more visit to the Blue Pearl surgeon.

At first he was really struggling with his vision, but he seems to be able to see now. That is something he had struggled with before too.

We are so happy he’s back!!

Thank you again for all your help!