Litterbox and litter questions?

xisare

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Hullo!!

question for the Hive mind. Have you tried mixing clumping litter with crystals?

I ask because Soshi and Akodo use the same litterbox (which we need to change because It has become a bit small for both of them). Now we're using Tidy Cats instant which is awesome at clumping, but not so good at odor control or tracking. Is not really a big problem, but we don't have a good spot for the litterbox so now is in a corner of the office. We use a hooded one because Akodo like to dig a lot, as we use a rubber mat to control the tracking

Also, the 40 lb bags lasts like a month because they have synchronized schedules and every other day the box will appear really full, the rest of the time it has some clumps not as close as the "full days" (we clean the box daily)

I'm going to put some baking soda on the litter for now, but I though about mixing the litter with some litter crystals?

Have you tried it?

Which ratio? (50/50 - 60/40)

Which Crystals?

Also another questions...

Is normal their bathroom schedule?

How long should the litter last?

Any recommendations for the tracking issue?

:)

stephenq

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Hi

i'm not sure why you would want to mix crystals and clumping - they work entirely differently from each other.  I wouldn't suggest it.