Litter tray

tiggerwillow

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Are there alternatives to using a litter tray? Tigger, as some of you already know, has a bad leg (from a surgery she had to pin the leg back together 2 years ago), when she had the surgery she could not get that leg into a litter tray

She can currently get that leg into a litter tray, but the day will come when (i fear) she won't be able to use the tray any more

What alternatives are there, for if that day ever comes when she is unable to get that one leg into the tray?

fionasmom

Staff Member
Purraise
There are some good illustrations in the link above. A variation that a friend of mine uses is to get one of the large containers, cut out one side entirely and place the litter very far back into the container. The cat walks in and uses the litter which stays in the back of the container. It can be cleaned by taking the lid off, if you use the lid.

I have used dog pee pads with more than one cat. One was a diabetic cat with neuropathy who had almost no ability to lift her leg; the other two were ferals who had never seen dirt in their life and refused to use actual litter, but would use a box.