Litter that won't stick to paws?

jennyjen

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Hi! I have a 3 year old cat who doesn't know how to cover his business in the litterbox after he does it. Then my other un-suspecting cat (we have a covered litterbox because she'll decorate the whole apartment with litter if I don't) gets into the litter box and steps in his clumped pee. I just discovered that she had litter totally cemented in her paws and spent 10 minutes tormenting her to clean it out (and did a pretty good job at grossing myself out at the same time).

Is there any type of clumping litter that won't stick to paws? I don't want to use non-clumping litter for 2 reasons- the litterbox is very deep and requires a 25 pound container of litter to fill it enough so that Bailey won't kill herself stepping into the box. Also, I live on the 3rd floor of my building and don't want to have to run to the dumpster twice a day to change it (plus scooping the litterbox is my boyfriend's job and I know he won't part with clumping litter).

Any advice? Thanks everyone!

sicycat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
What about Crystals? You can dump the poop in the toilet ( I think.. I do it all the time) and you just stir it around for the pee. And it obsorbs oder as well, I rarely smell the litterbox. The crystals absorbs all the liquid. I never find any of it in my cats paws!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

jennyjen

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
What happens to the crystals after they absorb the pee? Does it harden, or do they just disappear? All this litter stuff is very foreign to me