Litter similar to Tidy Cat?

MonaLyssa33

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I much prefer to use Tidy Cat because it clumps better, but it isn't always on sale. Do you know of any litters that are similar to Tidy Cat? To help understand the type I'm looking for, it is not the sandy stuff. It looks like this:
1603057578267.png

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I much prefer to use Tidy Cat because it clumps better, but it isn't always on sale. Do you know of any litters that are similar to Tidy Cat? To help understand the type I'm looking for, it is not the sandy stuff. It looks like this:
View attachment 355455
We've used SoPhresh clumping litter for yonks and are very satisfied. Cats do not like scented litters and often will not use them. Scents are not necessary. SoPhresh has odor controlling properties. As long as the box is scooped regularly as responsible, caring people do anyway, there is no problem. You can get it at Petco, Petco.com or via Petco.com's auto-delivery program where you get a discount for repeat delivery. It is very reasonable. I buy the 30-pound buckets, which are delivered to my door; when empty, they can be recycled or used for other purposes.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

MonaLyssa33

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
We've used SoPhresh clumping litter for yonks and are very satisfied. Cats do not like scented litters and often will not use them. Scents are not necessary. SoPhresh has odor controlling properties. As long as the box is scooped regularly as responsible, caring people do anyway, there is no problem. You can get it at Petco, Petco.com or via Petco.com's auto-delivery program where you get a discount for repeat delivery. It is very reasonable. I buy the 30-pound buckets, which are delivered to my door; when empty, they can be recycled or used for other purposes.
I feel bad honestly buying litter through the mail because of the delivery people having to lug the stuff to my door. I also only buy scent-free litter because I'm the one who can't handle the artificial scents. ;) I'll have to look into SoPhresh though.

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I feel bad honestly buying litter through the mail because of the delivery people having to lug the stuff to my door. I also only buy scent-free litter because I'm the one who can't handle the artificial scents. ;) I'll have to look into SoPhresh though.
I weigh less than 120 lb. and I can lift these 30# buckets to stack them 4 deep. Drivers are male and a lot bigger/stronger than I am. They load it on handtrucks, roll it to the spot, and offload it. It's their wages. Don't feel bad. Support them. You're helping them to live.

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I weigh less than 120 lb. and I can lift these 30# buckets to stack them 4 deep.
Same here. I'm back to slinging those 40 pound boxes of litter around, just one year after stomach surgery. I'm sure it's much easier for strong men.

Furballsmom

Cat Devotee
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise

debbila

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I went with a whole new system of litter, the Tidy Cats Breeze litter box. It's not a clumping litter. It uses pellets and an absorbent pad at the bottom of the box. I love that I don't have heavy bags of litter, stinky clumps to scoop, and no litter tracked around the house! Best of all there's no odor at all. I'll never go back to regular litter.

1603156714800.png

MonaLyssa33

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I really haven't found anything that works like Tidy Cats. And I don't think the price is too bad. Where do you buy it?
It really depends. Sometimes I'll get it at Target, Petsmart, the grocery store, it just kind of depends on the sales. I rarely buy anything name brand for full price.

MonaLyssa33 MonaLyssa33 have you tried the lightweight version of Tidycats? There should be some sales coming up soon what with early Black Friday sales etc.
Purina Tidy Cats Light Weight 4-in-1 Strength Cat Litter - Clumping, Multi Cat | cat Litter | PetSmart

Also, there's this although I don't know for sure if it fits your requirements;
ExquisiCat Clumping Clay Premium Cat Litter - Fragrance Free, 10-Day Odor Control, Multi-Cat | cat Litter | PetSmart
I'm not a big fan of the lightweight stuff. I found that it clung to my cats' toes a lot more than the heavy stuff so it would end up everywhere or I'd have to help them get it out of their toes. I have no problem lifting heavy things though, so I'm good with sticking with the heavy stuff.

Willowy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It really depends. Sometimes I'll get it at Target, Petsmart, the grocery store, it just kind of depends on the sales.
If you have a lot of storage space, stock up on Petsmart's Black Friday sale (you can buy it online and pick it up a few days later, so no rushing around in the crowds). If you do it right you'll never have to buy litter at full price 😁.

The lightweight stuff just turned to goo for me, I didn't like it at all.

And yeah, don't feel bad about making the delivery people deliver heavy things. Job security!

Although every time I order litter from Chewy the bucket is cracked :/.

MonaLyssa33

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
If you have a lot of storage space, stock up on Petsmart's Black Friday sale (you can buy it online and pick it up a few days later, so no rushing around in the crowds). If you do it right you'll never have to buy litter at full price 😁.

The lightweight stuff just turned to goo for me, I didn't like it at all.

And yeah, don't feel bad about making the delivery people deliver heavy things. Job security!

Although every time I order litter from Chewy the bucket is cracked :/.
I suppose if I can move 40+ bags of 50lb paver sand from the store to my car to my house I can get a lot of cat litter and move it to my house as well. 😉