Litter Robot II - Good Choice?

erinroro

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
My mother is 88 yrs old and has a cat (Bradey) that she rescued after my father died 5 yrs ago. She lives 600 miles from me in a wonderful retirement community, and I do go to visit her for a week every 2 months. She is very alert, but is not as faithful about cleaning the litter box as I would like
. Bradey is wonderful - he does not go outside of the box
. This is a miracle because there have been time when I get to Mom's and the box is FULL. I can tell (by the number of poops) that the box has not been cleaned for several days. To make a long story short, I just ordered her a Litter Robot II. I guess I should have asked first, but was that the right thing to do? I would love to hear from others what their experiences with the Robot have been. Thank you!

catmom2wires

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I have one and have had it for 4 years. It's wonderful! My cats all took to it immediately, even a 15 year old cat who'd known nothing but a regular pan!

I got mine for the same reason, as well as having dogs that loved "kitty rocha." I STILL, even with the convenience have had periods in my life (stress) when I will forget to empty the drawer! SIGH. However, once a routine is established (she'll probably be able to go a week between emptyings), things will be good.

What a nice daughter you are!!!

Cally

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

erinroro

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Cally,
Thank you for your reply! I am just trying to make sure the mom that I love takes care of her cat that she (and I) love! If I could figure out how to send you a present icon (that I see on your and others ids) I most surely would! Thank you

ducman69

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thats a nice gift!

For opinions on the unit from owners, IMO nothing beats amazon:
http://www.amazon.com/Litter-Robot-A...owViewpoints=1

236 reviews right there at your fingertips, and you can sort them by helpfulness rating.

Overall very positive, and even the most critical helpful review recommends it as an overall good product. From everything I have seen I don't think you can find anything superior for your goal. For a small space though, just be aware that they are quite noisy.

ldg

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
When we lived in a house (we're back in the RV), we had one on each floor and LOVED THEM. I just wish we had room for one of them here (we don't have slides). Our cats loved them, and rarely used the litter boxes we left out for them. We had them for four years, and never had a problem. It's a really quality product and a great company.

They are a bit big - you're sure there's floor space for it, yes?

DO tell her to put the litterbox next to the litter robot first, so kitty has time to transition. But they are easy to clean, and this is a great idea for someone where scooping has become difficult!!!!!

Such a wonderful thing for you to do for her!