Litter recommendations?

RocketPuppy97

Can Opener for Monty & Cosmo
Adult Cat
Purraise
I don't know if this is the right place for this topic.
I'm currently using the litter from biokat's and I'm very disappointed with their quality the last few bags.
The clumps are falling apart while cleaning leaving a layer of wet litter on top of the rest, which would mean if I wanted to remove it I would have to scoop a large amount of litter out everyday that I'm cleaning it.

That's the litter right there. So I was searching for a new litter, I came across cat's best litter and was amased at first, because an eco friendly catlitter would be amazing, but as I read through the recent reviews on amazon, the quality on this one didn't seem to be as good anymore.

So I would like to know:
Is it true that cat's best quality isn't good anymore?
What would be a good clumping litter?

I'm from germany and I'm not quite sure if I would be able to get my hands on all your american litter.

Thanks in advance!

Willow's Mom

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
inside of your imagination and/or smartphone app
I'm using Dr.Elsey's Kitten Attract. It's expensive, but it was a matter of life or death for my houseplants. The Cat Attract may be less andit clumps very nicely, but it's probably overkill for your situation.

I've also used World's Best Cat Litter, which is eco friendly and made with corn. It clumps very nicely.

She's a witch

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I’ve used the Cats Best wood litter over a year ago last but I have only good experience with it. It tracks a bit but the clumping was ok for a natural litter. I’ve also used Super Benek from zooplus.de that is from corn and also great clumping. Both are flushable which was also convenient. I’d give both of them a try if your cats are not picky. If they only used clay litter in the past, it may not be an easy change for them as the texture is much different, so make sure you introduce it gradually or offer both options in different litter boxes.

nujay

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I like Okocat wood litter...it works really well and keeps the odor down. I have three cats and it lasts longer than regular clumping litter. The only issue I have with it is that it tracks easily.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

RocketPuppy97

Can Opener for Monty & Cosmo
Adult Cat
Purraise
I've also used World's Best Cat Litter, which is eco friendly and made with corn. It clumps very nicely.
I'll look into that, thank you!

I recently changed to pine pellets and am pleased with them. No smell, easy to clean and very reasonably priced.
Does it clump well? Sounds like a good alternative.

I’ve used the Cats Best wood litter over a year ago last but I have only good experience with it. It tracks a bit but the clumping was ok for a natural litter. I’ve also used Super Benek from zooplus.de that is from corn and also great clumping. Both are flushable which was also convenient. I’d give both of them a try if your cats are not picky. If they only used clay litter in the past, it may not be an easy change for them as the texture is much different, so make sure you introduce it gradually or offer both options in different litter boxes.
Maybe I should just give it a try, a small bag should be enough to know if it's good for me and if the cat's like it. Both of my cat's didn't live in the best situations when I got them, and they weren't picky at all regarding, nearly anything.

I like Okocat wood litter...it works really well and keeps the odor down. I have three cats and it lasts longer than regular clumping litter. The only issue I have with it is that it tracks easily.
Thank you! I'll look into that too!

sivyaleah

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
We've been using Arm & Hammer Multi-Cat Clump & Seal for years. Never had any issues with odor nor dust from it. I personally never cared for it for other reasons, mainly the weight of it when soiled. Cleaning the boxes of urine clumps - ugh.

Recently, we got a new kitten who was raised using pine pellets. I was skeptical, but as it turned out I highly preferred this to the traditional letter we've been using. I found the pine pellet litter so much easier to clean up after. Poop is easier to find and lift out and the pellets break down as urine hits it into a soft sawdust (But, is NOT dusty at all) which continues to absorb urine. It also never stuck to the scooper which was a huge plus to me. And never had it dragged around (although a stepping on a random pine pellet that was used as a toy, is not fun). Oh and has a very light pine scent.

Unfortunately, the kitten made her decision once she found the other litter boxes and graduated herself to them. She hasn't used the pine litter for weeks so that was that. I was hoping she'd still prefer the pine and that we'd switch over our other cat to it but nope. Now I have a giant sized bag of pine litter here to donate I guess LOL. Good thing too my husband does litter box duty nearly 100% of the time