Litter Locker II

x2006nkg

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I kept toying with the idea of buying one, and then when I was in Wal-Mart this afternoon they were on sale!!! Soo .. I bought one and already love it. It's a neat and handy little thing. From now on I will be recommending them to everyone 

nerdrock

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I have one too and absolutely love it! I don't change the bag every day, I find I can go a few days without changing it and there's not much smell (inside the Litter Locker, I never smell anything outside of it). 

jcat

Mo(w)gli's can opener
Veteran
Purraise
We've had the old version for about ten years and love it. It gets emptied once or twice a week and there's no smell, so I can imagine the II is even better.

AbbysMom

At Abby's beck and call
Staff Member
Purraise
I wonder what the differences are between the Ii and the original, which we have. We've had if for years and would definitely replace it if it broke.

nerdrock

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I think it's just the design of the product, it looks like the Litter Locker I is a bit bigger than the Litter Locker II. 

valanhb

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Old topic (by internet standards - 1 week = ancient!) but I wanted to answer this too.

I got the Litter Locker II (LLII) on a Black Friday sale back in November. Still have the original Litter Locker I (LLI) but with 4 cats it gets filled up fast and trash is only 1x/week. I LOVE the new one!!!

Karen & Tricia - the difference is indeed the design. I think they actually asked cat owners what they would change because it is exactly what I would have done to redesign it. It is taller instead of long so it has a smaller footprint. There is no wheel, which I really love. Inevitably I would get the bag caught on one of the spokes and rip the bag when taking it out, getting used litter on the floor & making a really stinky mess. Maybe you guys are more coordinated than I am or don't try to stuff it full like I had to. :lol2: Instead of the wheel, the litter collects in the bag in the base of the unit, pretty well filling the space. There is also a drop-door that seals off the used litter so there is almost no odor that escapes except when you put more litter in, which is still minimal. Best improvement in my mind is the placement of the cutter, which makes it actually useful. I always try to waste as little of the refill bags as possible since they aren't cheap and never used the bag cutter in the LLI since it left so much wasted on the end. The new one is positioned perfectly so I have just enough to tie a full bag securely closed without inches of wasted bag.

The only downside is that the refills seem to have less but cost the same amount. The biggest upside is that with the new design I can get a full week's worth of litter from 2 litterboxes (their main ones) from 4 cats into the bag without overflowing or breaking the bag. I LOVE that!!!

Last time I went to Petsmart and looked in the LL area I saw that they are no longer carrying the LLI refill bags and that there is a competitor in the market. The new one (I forget the brand) is the same price as the LLII and their bag refills are the same price. Design is very similar to the LLII. I wouldn't switch to it but competition in the marketplace is always good. :bigthumb: