Litter box sleeper

Crazy8catlady

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Ok so first we lost Rocket to cancer. Then we lost Famas a few weeks later to a flea infestation we FINALLY eradicated. 🤦(That was a f***ing nightmare) But now I think Rockets twin sister Piglet is about to cross over.

Piglet lives under the kitchen table. She NEVER goes anywhere. She will come down once a day to use the litter box. So that's nothing new.... But for the past few days I've caught her SLEEPING in the litter box. Drooling. And when I shoo her out she walks weird. (I've written that off as years of stationary behavior)

Is litter box sleeping normal?? I've never had a cat sleep in the box before. In my 30 years. Never.

artiemom

Artie, my Angel; a part of my heart
Top Cat
Purraise
My guy curls up in his litter box when he is extremely frightened, anxious.

I think Piglet is feeling the loss of her companions.

A Vet visit is always strongly suggested when there is a change in behavior, at least for your own peace of mind.

rubysmama

Forum Helper
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
I agree, Piglet needs to be seen by a vet to rule out anything physical going on with her. Apart from the litter box sleeping, is she eating, sleeping, and using the litter box normally? How old is she?

Cats do mourn, btw.
Do Cats Mourn? – Cat Articles

Elemteacherjoy

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I'm so sorry for your losses. I do agree with the others that she should see a vet as soon as possible. She could be missing the others, or she could have something medical going on that needs to be addressed.
Best wishes! :redheartpump: