Litter box questions for semi feral stray taken in

lindara

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hi all-
I have taken in a TNR cat into my home. She FINALLY did a BM in the litter box after 26 hours-Yay!-LOL-
I have never owned a cat so not sure on certain things but do I remove the feces from box immediately or leave as a scent in the box to encourage to go again later? Not sure if they like a messy box or not? I had already removed her first urine in the box. So far so good- she is pretty mellow- does wait at doors some but no meowing/howling and does not seem too stressed. Keeping fingers crossed- Thanks for any help with this adjustment! We have to move within the month so I wanted to transition her from solely outdoors to indoors before doing so!

Meowmee

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I always clean out the litter pan asap in case the kitty likes a really clean box which most do, to avoid any lb issues down the road. Enough of the scent will still remain after poop and pee are removed. Thanks for saving her, sounds like she is adjusting well ❤

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

lindara

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I always clean out the litter pan asap in case the kitty likes a really clean box which most do, to avoid any lb issues down the road. Enough of the scent will still remain after poop and pee are removed. Thanks for saving her, sounds like she is adjusting well ❤
Thanks for the advice! I'm on it! :)

tabbytom

Happiness is being owned by a cat
Staff Member
Mentor
Purraise
I have taken in a TNR cat into my home.
Thank you for taking in this kitty and fur giving her a warm and fur-ver loving home and a safe sanctuary to live out her life :clapcat:

Bringing her indoors means lots of adjustments for both you and the kitty, but don't worry, we are her to help. Just remember anything you do, take it slow and easy. Let her get acclimatized at her own time. Don't rush her. It is still early now but feel free to ask questions as the days go by.

Remember, give her lots of love, have lots of patience and stick to routines to get this to work. We are standing by :thumbsup: