Litter Box Question

Remi&RiRi

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Just a quick litter box question. My relatives are coming to stay with us for a few days and will be here tomorrow. One of the litter boxes is in the guest bedroom that they will be sleeping in. The litterbox is just in the corner of the room and our other litter box is in the corner of our hallway (we don't have many options when it comes to finding good places for them as our apartment is on the smaller side). I don't know if the litter box may make the room smell. I can't smell anything but I know sometimes people get used to house smells and they may not like having to sleep in a room that has a litter box. Unfortunately, I don't have time to move it slowly to a new location and am wondering if it would be okay if I just put it right next to the other litter box while they are here and then move it back. Otherwise, I could just put that litter box away for now and just have the one that is out in the hallway. If I did that I would make sure to clean it twice a day when our guests are here. They will be here for 4 days. Any advice is welcome, thanks!

Bumble21

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Just a quick litter box question. My relatives are coming to stay with us for a few days and will be here tomorrow. One of the litter boxes is in the guest bedroom that they will be sleeping in. The litterbox is just in the corner of the room and our other litter box is in the corner of our hallway (we don't have many options when it comes to finding good places for them as our apartment is on the smaller side). I don't know if the litter box may make the room smell. I can't smell anything but I know sometimes people get used to house smells and they may not like having to sleep in a room that has a litter box. Unfortunately, I don't have time to move it slowly to a new location and am wondering if it would be okay if I just put it right next to the other litter box while they are here and then move it back. Otherwise, I could just put that litter box away for now and just have the one that is out in the hallway. If I did that I would make sure to clean it twice a day when our guests are here. They will be here for 4 days. Any advice is welcome, thanks!

I have moved the litter tray with no gradual process a few times. It went ok every time, but obviously depends on the cat. I would definitely keep to two trays though if there is more than one cat