litter box play ??

pnut

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Clyde does a very good job of covering up his waste in the litter box. However, he is in there for a LONG time, doing what seems to be scratching at the bottom of the tray. I don't know if this is normal or what! We still haven't gotten him to use his scratching post, but we've only had him 2 weeks and aren't too worried. He seems to like to scratch on horizontal surfaces (like the carpet) instead of vertical. Could this litter box "scratching" be a problem? Any suggestions on the best type of horizontal scratching surface for him?

P.S. I love the new "smilies", especially :homer:! The Simpsons are my fav!

Anne

Site Owner
Staff Member
Admin
Purraise
My Gezer does the same thing when he's in the box. We've always thought it was quite amusing. We sometimes wake up in the middle of the night to this noise and we try to figure out if he's digging a tunnel all the way to Australia

Glad you like the smilies. I think I'll add a few more soon.

hell603

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My little one also tries to digg his way to china - it is very normal . If he likes to scratch on horizontal surfaces you might check out "scratching posts" that are horizontal - I have seen some things in Petsmart that will fit his bill.

kaaren sander

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Several of our cats like to dig to China in their litter boxes-others just get in there, do their thing and get out without even covering it. Who can figure why cats do what they do