Litter Box Moved Slowly, Cats Still Go Near Old Room

sheldon_stormy230

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hello,

I have two cats that have been with me for two years now and for the bulk of that time, I've had their litter box in a spare bedroom that I was using as a storage room. Recently, I have found the need to clean the storage room out to turn it into a bedroom. So, I did as recommended and started moving the litter box a few feet a day to a new location in a bathroom on the other side of the house. I have also closed the door to the old room. Unfortunately, while they are using the litter box in its new location sometimes, they are also going in areas nearby the old room. What can I do to get them to use the litter box ALL the time again and quit going in areas nearby the old room? Note that the flooring in these areas are hardwood and linoleum.

Thanks!

red top rescue

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
For one thing, if you have two cats, you should have THREE litter boxes, not one! You should place them in different areas around the house. Here is the explanation. Everything you need to know in a nutshell.

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
LOL...that just covered everything I was going to say! Best of luck, and let us know how things go!