Litter Box Issue

Elemteacherjoy

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I've been using the Breeze litterbox (with another box underneath) and pine pellets for my litter system. I love it for the price and the lack of "litter smell." However, as my cat has grown (got him as a kitten) I'm encountering some issues. He pooped over the side the other day. Today I watched him as he went, and he was very close to the edge. I think he's getting too big for the box. :( Does anyone know of any other options where I could continue to use pellets? I don't want to deal with the sawdust in something that doesn't sift. However, I do not want to create my own box either.

Should I just switch over to a more traditional litter (or another non clay option) with a regular, but larger, litter box? If so, do you have any recommendations for box and/or litter?

HPeters

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Its likely that the box is just too small (most boxes are). If your cat isnt having any other issues, its likely the problem.
Ideally, the box is 1.5 time the length of the cat from nose to tailbase. I would just get a bigger box and if it remains an issue look into alternative litter options

Bobsk8

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
The breeze and most other litter boxes are too small for most cats. It's a shame, because the cat is blamed for the issue created by the litter box companies. I purchased to SoFresh sifting XL boxes Amazon.com : So Phresh Lift-to-Sift Cat Litter Pan, 22.5" L X 17.25" W X 10.5" H, X-Large, Grey : Pet Supplies which you can get at Petco, and they work with the Pine Litter. I posted on this forum a way to make more room for the sawdust, which makes them work even better. These boxes are a nice size and should work for your cat.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Elemteacherjoy

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
The breeze and most other litter boxes are too small for most cats. It's a shame, because the cat is blamed for the issue created by the litter box companies. I purchased to SoFresh sifting XL boxes Amazon.com : So Phresh Lift-to-Sift Cat Litter Pan, 22.5" L X 17.25" W X 10.5" H, X-Large, Grey : Pet Supplies which you can get at Petco, and they work with the Pine Litter. I posted on this forum a way to make more room for the sawdust, which makes them work even better. These boxes are a nice size and should work for your cat.
Thanks so much! I'm confident it's the size of the box, and not any other issues as I found "evidence" that the poo on the floor and fallen "over the sides" if you will. My cat is still only about 9 months old, so he may still even get a bit bigger yet.

Sylvia Jones

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I am in the same situation I was really happy with the All Pine Litter box but one of my boys is definitely outgrown it at 1 yr old Pine pellets make a Great cat litter but having a box made for them is a must Most sifting boxes are not! If the holes are not the right size and there is not a space between the upper and lower boxes it makes upkeep difficult I have heard that other countries than the US offer more options since the pellets are more popular I however have not been able to find them online If anyone knows of one please share

sophie1

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Tidy Cat now makes a large size Breeze box that you might look into. It's pricey, but I've been thinking of giving it a try. My cats also rebelled against the standard size (too-small) Breeze, and I ended up going back to clumping pellet litter in a big box. I left the Breeze box out and my cats use it maybe once a month. I think they've spoken.