Liquids that are very healthy for cats to drink are: Water and ???

empirefalls

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Is there any other liquid that is healthy for cats to drink besides water?

I read good things about this "Whiskas Cat Milk"

Than i read bad things

Than there is this,[have not read anything bad,yet]

GNC Pets Nourishcat Senior Cat Formula

http://www.petsmart.com/cat/vitamin...r-cat-formula-zid36-12344/cat-36-catid-200049

And is there anything i can add to water,vitamins etc, to make water healthier ,

I have found some brands,than read bad things about them

Cat of my concern is 16yo, deteriorating stage. Not going to make a year more,unless i can get her weight up

Last edited:
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter

empirefalls

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
 Thanks mrsgreenjeens and everyone else who read the post.

empirefalls

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Bought and tried "GNC Pets Nourishcat Senior Cat Formula"  [9 bucks a can]

My 17 year old cat who's main food is drinking/lapping/eating wet cat food with gravy varieties  with no issues,

She threw up the GNC drink after a couple of laps within 4 minutes, about the second time she threw up something up in a year. She seldom throws up so this was significant.

As i have been looking into 'broths'. i noticed Fancy Feast Broth, about $1 for 2 ounces...she loves them. Begs for it. Got me up extra early this morning, after 17 years with this cat, i can say she woke me up to say get her more of the broth.

So broth is at the center of my radar screen for her main diet. Going to look over the many cat friendly recipes that are out there, make sure none of those say to add ingredients that may be toxic or otherwise not good for cats. I hardly can make toast so i have some food cooking learning homework to do.

Last edited:

mrsgreenjeens

Every Life Should Have Nine Cats
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
I dn't believe those Fancy Feast BROTHS are 100% nutritionally complete.  Check the packaging on them..  If I'm not mistaken, I think they are similar to their Fancy Feast Appetizers
.  But at least they get some liquid in your old guy.

Here's something that IS very healthful to drink, but takes some time in preparing.  Well worth the effort though:  http://healthypets.mercola.com/sites/healthypets/archive/2013/12/02/pet-bone-broth.aspx

xcourtney3

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Fancy Feast website says:

Fancy Feast Broths are intended for supplemental feeding only

Last edited:

empirefalls

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Its a 17yo female

This may sound dumb, that recipe does not say how much water to use. Maybe its common sense so it is not the writers fault,

Any other recipes for broth? i have seen many by google search but i want one someone from here recommends.

LTS3

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise

As i have been looking into 'broths'. i noticed Fancy Feast Broth, about $1 for 2 ounces...she loves them. Begs for it. Got me up extra early this morning, after 17 years with this cat, i can say she woke me up to say get her more of the broth.

So broth is at the center of my radar screen for her main diet. Going to look over the many cat friendly recipes that are out there, make sure none of those say to add ingredients that may be toxic or otherwise not good for cats. I hardly can make toast so i have some food cooking learning homework to do.
Fancy Feast Broths are not complete diets so please do not make this the only food your cat eats! Neither are the Fancy Feast Appetiziers.

If your cat will eat canned food, add water to it to make the food soupy and easier to eat. Kitten food is usually higher calorie than adult food.

Ask your vet about nutritional supplements. There are high calorie supplements you can buy at the pet store to help sick cats gain weightor to get extra nutrition. There are also high calorie prescription foods.

You may want to consult a veterinary nutritonist for help on making a complete nutritious diet that is high in water (liquid).

bonepicker

Animal Lover Extraordinare
Top Cat
Purraise
Put a fancy feast Classic in blender with spring water, make it soupy and see if she likes it ( you can add some broth to entice her)

Last edited:

schrody

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
My boys (and my dog) love a bit of oat milk mixed in their water. They go crazy for the taste. It makes them drink a lot more, is soothing to their tummy (mine are raw fed so it helps with bone dense meals), it's good for their skin and coat, loaded with vitamins, minerals, and it doesn't go stale/smell bad. You can make your own oat milk or buy some, but make sure there's no added sugar or vegetable oil. Just oats and water. 

Last edited: