Liquid Medicine - Atopica & Prednisone (for IMHA)

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

colliecollie

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hi everyone. Here's a quick update on Speck.
DatePCV %
03/25/1548.00%
02/17/1536.00%
01/09/1542.00%
11/18/1436.00%
11/06/1428.00%
10/21/149.00%
Speck is now off of Prednisone completely. She was on Atopica every other day and now is on Atopica every third day (I must admit sometimes she got it every third day because I forgot). Our appointment last week went well. We ran a full panel and everything is normal except for her triglycerides. Well, that's my fault. Those are kinda high because I was masking her Prednisone inside of Easy Cheese! That was the only trick I had left up my sleeve. It worked best of all because she loves cheese.

Anyways, she was kinda pale in the gums at her appointment, but everything checked out ok. No stress induced fever though, so that's a plus! I left work early that day to get her in while it was quiet. She still gets nervous going, but loves all the people there! The techs and vet carry her around in one arm or on their shoulder. She loves looking around. The vet doesn't even require help for the exam or withdraw. Speck doesn't care as long as their aren't strange dogs in her face. 

My instructions are to keep a sharp eye on her for the next month and then we will recheck everything with another full panel. I'm going to continue to give Speck her 200 micrograms of Folic Acid once a week for now. Maybe I'll split them in half? I'll see what the vet thinks on that since I forgot to ask. I'm out of B-12 shots as well. Those might be once a month shots now. 

I've been nervous about her gum color being less robust since her appointment. She acting completely normal. Actually, she's been more of a stinker than normal! Like a total terror. Spring fever? She's going bonkers over the birds in the windows. That's probably why she's a bit pale.... too much activity! The vet wasn't worried considering how great everything. So for now, I'm watching her like a hawk!!

Last edited:

jennyh

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hi, my murphy has an ammune system disfiction. He's 11years old has spent 10yrars on a high doesage steroid tablet ( 2 twice a day predisolone 5mg - at his worst) he has never had hair on his back and his feet would fall apart regularly, so he couldn't walk. A few months ago I took him to the vets to be put to sleep because he was insuch a state he had no hair and he was having issues eating and he had prolapsted. He was unhappy and I couldn't put him through it any more. But the vet said hang on let's try atopica. Atopica is amazing his feet are like minor all cat feet, he has hair all over his body ( first time in his entire life) but he has mouth ulcers new ( new & started before atopica ) -and really bad diarreah, he's had loads of different antibiotics that haven't helped, his stable mads is just atopica which he hates, but thanks to you guys I now put in empty capsules & I have problem giving it to him now. His current symptoms are mouth ulcers and bad guts. He looks good just his insides. I've state media him on vitamin B which was suggested by you guys. Would it do any harm adding steroids in as well. The poor boy I feel for him but he's not in a bad enough state to let him go yet. X