Limping Cat + Lump

EmersonandEvie

Mom to Evie, Emerson and Dexter
Top Cat
Purraise
HI all, Evie started limping suddenly Sunday night. When I felt her over, she has a small, mobile, soft lump, about the size of a pea, above her digits on her front foot. She has an appointment for Monday (earliest due to COVID), but I'm pretty anxious She is otherwise completely normal, eating, playing, not hiding, etc. She sometimes holds her foot up while she sits, other times she uses the same foot to scratch her post, bat a toy, etc.

I was wondering if anyone has any insight to what the lump may be? Could she have gotten a strain or a bad bruise roughhousing with Emerson and Dexter? Can cats get cysts? She doesn't mind if I press on/otherwise manipulate the bump.

Krienze

Officially a cat lady now. No regrets.
Super Cat
Purraise
I'm pretty sure cats can get cysts, yeah.

If it's mobile and soft it most likely isn't anything like cancer or anything -- but I'd still check with a vet to rule it out. Isabel has a golfball size soft lump that moves on her side, the vet said it was just a fatty tumor.

As long as she's acting normal, I'd say it probably isn't emergent. Just keep an eye on her, but she sounds like she should be fine to wait until Monday!

FeebysOwner

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Hi! If she is limping but will let you touch it, then the size/placement of it is bothering the way she walks - or, that is what I am guessing. It doesn't sound like a strain, or even a bruise (unless you can see discoloring). Could it be a blister of sorts? Does she go outside? If so, I think I would prohibit that for now. And, as said above, just watch it - especially to make sure it doesn't grow in size.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

EmersonandEvie

Mom to Evie, Emerson and Dexter
Top Cat
Purraise
Hi! If she is limping but will let you touch it, then the size of it is bothering the way she walks - or, that is what I am guessing. It doesn't sound like a strain, or even a bruise (unless you can see discoloring). Could it be a blister of sorts? Does she go outside? If so, I think I would prohibit that for now. And, as said above, just watch it - especially to make sure it doesn't grow in size.
Hi! No, she doesn't go outside, besides the occasional slip out the door when I come home from work 🤦‍♀️
I'm wondering if it's a cyst that is pushing on something whenshe steps. She runs to eat and is currently begging for us to throw her favorite toy, but I want to limit her running.