Limping After vaccination

im_al05

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
My 4 year old male cat got his rabies vaccinations as well as deworming and Biofel PCH. Yesterday after he came back he was feeling ok, he ate and drank water and was able to walk nicely. Today he hasn't eaten much or drank water and only used the bathroom. He is also limping on his front legs and seems uncomfortable when moving. I know the side affects could be lethargy and lose of appetite but i am not sure about the limping. should i call the vet or wait until tomorrow.

Mr. Meow

Special needs cat expert.
Super Cat
Purraise
Calling the vet to ask a question can't hurt. It's possible that a side effect of the shots is a bit of soreness, but it's better to hear it from a vet.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

im_al05

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Calling the vet to ask a question can't hurt. It's possible that a side effect of the shots is a bit of soreness, but it's better to hear it from a vet.
Thank you for the reply I will ring them and ask

Elvisrocks

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
My 4 year old male cat got his rabies vaccinations as well as deworming and Biofel PCH. Yesterday after he came back he was feeling ok, he ate and drank water and was able to walk nicely. Today he hasn't eaten much or drank water and only used the bathroom. He is also limping on his front legs and seems uncomfortable when moving. I know the side affects could be lethargy and lose of appetite but i am not sure about the limping. should i call the vet or wait until tomorrow.
There are many old threads on here related to vaccines and reactions. I personally had an experience with my cat limping and being lethargic weeks after receiving vaccinations. There is something called limping calicivirus that isn't very common that happens with the disease and sometimes the vaccine. You won't find very many vets that will admit that vaccines can cause these effects(or they have never experienced it). All I can say is that I had a bad experience with vaccines and a delayed reaction so no more vaccines for my kitty ( my current vet agrees). Just saying if they tell you it's not possible, it is. Good luck and I hope your kitty feels better!!

im_al05

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
What did your vet say?
we took him to the vet and he had fever so they gave him an anti inflammatory/pain killer injection and in less than an hour he was feeling much better. he was able to drink and eat with out limping. Thank god.

im_al05

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
There are many old threads on here related to vaccines and reactions. I personally had an experience with my cat limping and being lethargic weeks after receiving vaccinations. There is something called limping calicivirus that isn't very common that happens with the disease and sometimes the vaccine. You won't find very many vets that will admit that vaccines can cause these effects(or they have never experienced it). All I can say is that I had a bad experience with vaccines and a delayed reaction so no more vaccines for my kitty ( my current vet agrees). Just saying if they tell you it's not possible, it is. Good luck and I hope your kitty feels better!!
we took him to the vet and he had fever so they gave him an anti inflammatory/pain killer injection and in less than an hour he was feeling much better. he was able to drink and eat with out limping. Thank god. my old cat never got these reactions before. and with his first does of vaccines he did not have those side effects. Also i find it weird that a vet would tell you not to vaccinated your kitty? but it might have been the better option for your kitty. I hope they are doing well.

Elvisrocks

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
we took him to the vet and he had fever so they gave him an anti inflammatory/pain killer injection and in less than an hour he was feeling much better. he was able to drink and eat with out limping. Thank god. my old cat never got these reactions before. and with his first does of vaccines he did not have those side effects. Also i find it weird that a vet would tell you not to vaccinated your kitty? but it might have been the better option for your kitty. I hope they are doing well.
She had a terrible time with the delayed reaction. At one point I thought she was going to die. The vet told us that because she had already had all her kitten shots and boosters and because she was strictly indoors that he agreed with not doing vaccinations going forward. He stated that we truely do not know how long a cat has immunity from vaccinations, it could be many many years. The only way to know for certain is to draw antibodies which I would not put my cat through. I just know how much she suffered and I'm willing to take that risk especially since she is indoors.