Limping after naps only?

Lukescoach

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hello everyone! I’ve noticed that when my cat is napping and as soon as I open my yogurt or the frige door he comes running ( like he has never eaten before) out to me but I noticed as he runs up he is holding his front paw and trotting on three legs/ setting his front paw down like when your foot is asleep you kinda favor your other leg...... then after a few minutes it’s fine. I think he is sleeping funny on his paws? Thoughts?

FeebysOwner

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
HI. How old is your cat? If older, it could be arthritis - stiffness from being immobile, which can 'loosen' up with some movement. If not older, does he go outside where he could have injured himself - or, even somewhere inside the house. How long has this been going on?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Lukescoach

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
He is only 5 months old. It's been happening over the last 3-4 weeks..just as he hears a us in the kitchen he comes a running/limping...when he wakes up naturally he won't limp

FeebysOwner

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Has he got a sleeping spot that might be causing him to lay funny, and then when he gets up fast he hasn't had time to stretch out a bit like so many cats do when they first wake up? That's the only other thing that comes to mind given his young age.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Lukescoach

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Thanks for the reply!! That's what the wife thinks too