Lima Bean Respect Day!

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
One of my old co-workers made something she called Lima Bean Pot Pie. It was lima beans with some kind of hand rolled dumping type noodle. She would tell us before hand not to ask for the recipe. I was a little skeptical because my only experience with them was mixed with corn and in a few veggie soups. But yep; it's been 12 years since we worked together and I find myself thinking about her Lima Bean Pot Pie recipe. :lol2::yummy:

muffy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
One of my old co-workers made something she called Lima Bean Pot Pie. It was lima beans with some kind of hand rolled dumping type noodle. She would tell us before hand not to ask for the recipe. I was a little skeptical because my only experience with them was mixed with corn and in a few veggie soups. But yep; it's been 12 years since we worked together and I find myself thinking about her Lima Bean Pot Pie recipe. :lol2::yummy:
Now that really sounds good. It does not sound offensive like that other stuff.

blueyedgirl5946

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Are we talking about dried lima beans or green lima beans, known in the south as green butter beans?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

betsygee

Just what part of meow don't you understand.
Staff Member
Purraise
Are we talking about dried lima beans or green lima beans, known in the south as green butter beans?
I used dried limas.

They are, as far as I can tell, the same thing. Just different stages of maturity.
I found this online. :flail:

The butter bean is a cruel, though theoretically more acceptable, attempt to lure you into eating lima beans, which are an abomination.

But the article does say they're the same bean.

muffy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I call them ly-ma beans.
Like Willowy said I think they are the same except they are in different stages of maturity. I like the small greens ones the best.

tabbysia

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I'm pretty sure that Lima beans, along with black-eyed peas and Brussels sprouts, are on the menu everyday for breakfast, lunch, and dinner in Hell. I have no strong feelings toward them or anything. :redtongue:

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

betsygee

Just what part of meow don't you understand.
Staff Member
Purraise
I'm pretty sure that Lima beans, along with black-eyed peas and Brussels sprouts, are on the menu everyday for breakfast, lunch, and dinner in Hell. I have no strong feelings toward them or anything. :redtongue:
:flail: :crackup: