Lily

posiepurrs

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Today the Rainbow Bridge gained another angel. RDreams Lady Lily crossed the bridge today, at 17 1/2 years old. She introduced me to showing cats. While she never granded (showing was not fun for her so I let her stay home), she was queen of the house and very much a lady so her name fit her. I only saw her nasty tempered twice. Once, when she decided shows were not for her and let the judge know with a hearty swipe as he put her back in the cage and another time when one of the other cats wanted to eat off of HER plate. She could read my moods better than any human. She knew when I had a bad day and would stick to me like Velcro - even to the point of getting in the shower with me when I showered. She would scold me to go to bed at night - stand halfway up the stairs and meow at me, then look up stairs. She loved to 'put me to bed'. She came up at night curled up purring in my arms until I went to sleep. She is responsible for me meeting one of my dearest friends, Sally, her breeder. I am still in shock and it really hasn't hit me yet that I won't have her to wash my face when she snuggled with me, Good by my Lily, you were a treasure and will never be forgotten.
20121209_90.JPG

di and bob

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
What a beautiful, expressive face! One that will be etched into your heart forever, I know.....
It is so sad when a chapter in our life closes. When you are as loved as she is, the home and the heart seem especially lonely and empty. It takes a long time to heal a broken heart. The pain is equal to the love. To share 171/2 years with one as lovely and comforting as she is a treasure beyond compare. She gave you memories and filled your heart with enough love to last a lifetime.
Love is spiritual, so eternal. Although she follows a new path now, she will be forever close. Your spirits are entertwined, your hearts connected by a bond of love so strong that even death has to bow it's head in defeat. "Death cannot take that which never dies", and this is oh,so true in your case.
She is as close as your thoughts and prayers. As you gaze up into the winter's star lit skies, you will feel her presence, you will feel a bright new star that is her own. A star that blazes with the light of her eyes, a star as white and beautiful as she was herself. As strong as her will and her wishes were know to you here on earth, so will they be known to you now.
There is nothing to be said that will lighten your grieving heart. Grieving is something that cannot be hurried or changed. Time is the healer of all wounds, and eventually you will come to a place that will bring good memories to your soul, a place that will not be ripped open anew with your thoughts of her. A place that will forever reside in your heart because that is where she will be too, and you in hers.....take care, and know we all will keep you both in our thoughts and prayers. Thank you for honoring her memory and sharing it with us, she was a princess in her world. That will never change......RIP beautiful Lily. You will be dearly missed and forver held securely in a loving heart. May the good Lord bless and keep you, until you and your loved one meet again!

les26

Sylvester's daddy
Top Cat
Purraise
When I read your story I was sad, when I scrolled down and saw her face in that picture I said out loud "Ohhhh......", what a sweetheart! It surely will take you awhile to absorb this great loss, she was something very special and what the two of you had was also very special, there is a huge hole and void now but try to know and remember that you two had a wonderful life together, and she is fine now just fine. When you meet again down the line I'm sure that this "love story" will resume right where it left off.

"Their last breath on Earth is their first breath in Heaven" :rbheart:

I am sad and sorry for your loss, I hope that your heart heals a bit more each day, Lord Bless you......:alright: :grouphug2: :rbheart:

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Rest you gentle, lovely Lily, dream you deep. You walk in someone's heart forever.

Such a beautiful girl she was, is, and will always be! This is what I know, that love never dies, it only changes form and continues on, still Love. And Love abides, always and forever, Love abides. Lily's sweet love for you, now translated and purified into Love, is with you still, and will be always. Because Love abides.

betsygee

Just what part of meow don't you understand.
Staff Member
Purraise
What a lovely tribute for such a special cat. I'm so very sorry for your loss. It will take time to adjust to the absence of such a special girl. You're in my thoughts. :hugs:

RIP, sweet Lady Lily. :rbheart:

Loving Mickey

Mickey , my heart and soul Angel kitty
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh , such a beautiful kitty!
She had a long wonderful life , all thanks to you.
I am so sorry for your loss. I know how much it hurts to lose a beloved kitty.
I hope one day soon you can think of her and smile and remember how much she was loved and loved you in return.
RIP Sweet Lily!
You were a treasure and will be missed greatly!

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
My heartfelt sympathies on the loss of Lily, aka Queen of the house. 👑 She was your angel guardian and will be watching over you from above now. RIP dear, sweet girl.:angel: