Li'l Gracie is free

pearl99

Pearl, my labrador who loved cats. RIP.
Top Cat
Purraise
Gracie was declining from her conditions, the CKD and hyperthyroidism and arthritis despite treatment, and it was time to free her. I couldn't watch her go down more and have her hurt. It was home euthanasia, and it was so very peaceful. She was in her heated bed getting cheek and chin rubs.
I brought her home from the shelter 3 and a half years ago- she had been at the shelter for 3 months- was 12 yrs then and she ruled the home with an iron paw! In spite of her 7 pound size. She commanded respect and got it.
Biggest snuggle bug in the world. Laps and sunshine were her favorites.
It's so mixed, sadness and relief for her. My other kitties are filling in the hole.
Gracie, you're always in my heart, just a heartbeat away.

GraciePose.jpeg

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Gracie was declining from her conditions, the CKD and hyperthyroidism and arthritis despite treatment, and it was time to free her. I couldn't watch her go down more and have her hurt. It was home euthanasia, and it was so very peaceful. She was in her heated bed getting cheek and chin rubs.
I brought her home from the shelter 3 and a half years ago- she had been at the shelter for 3 months- was 12 yrs then and she ruled the home with an iron paw! In spite of her 7 pound size. She commanded respect and got it.
Biggest snuggle bug in the world. Laps and sunshine were her favorites.
It's so mixed, sadness and relief for her. My other kitties are filling in the hole.
Gracie, you're always in my heart, just a heartbeat away.

View attachment 441519
Rest now, beloved, in Perfect Love and Comfort. FOREVER LOVED. 🌈

Jcatbird

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I am so sorry but also, I know you did “set her Free”. You are so amazing with the kitties and she will always be there as a permanent part of your heart. I think they come with wings we cannot see. Little fur angels that fill laps, snuggle and love. Fly free little Gracie. Dance now among the rainbows.

di and bob

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Precious little Gracie. An angel now, always as close as your thoughts and prayers. She will always be tied to your soul by the bonds of love. One of my favorite quotes is " Do not cry because it is over, smile because it happened."
She was in your life for a reason, that reason is love.
Even if we are ready to let them go, sparing them future pain, our hearts still break in two when it happens. Take care and know we are here for you.....RIP precious Gracie. You were small in stature but huge in spirit. You will never be forgotten, you will always have a secure place in a loving heart. May the good Lord bless and keep you, until you meet again!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

pearl99

Pearl, my labrador who loved cats. RIP.
Top Cat
Purraise
Thanks all! I love the very comforting words.
It's quiet today! Gracie was such a talker, about everything. "Here I am; let me tell you about my day!; I have a hair out of place; where's my dinner?; hey I need attention...; Waffles is on my side of the couch..."
A character for sure.

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Rest you gentle, Gracie, dream you deep. Your pawprints are on someone's heart forever.

I am so very sorry you have had to say goodbye to your girl, but...it was the very best way possible. This I know, love never dies, it is translated and purified into Love, and continues on. Now, from her new home in That Place Where All Things Are Known, she blesses you, and she sends that back to you, to walk beside you down through all your days. Because Love abides. Always, forever, Love abides.

BellaBlue82

Sadie rules, Julian drools, my boys rule heaven ❤
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I'm sending you hugs, it is very difficult when they have multiple health conditions stacking up on each other. Nico was in the same boat. Gracie has many friends now that she is playing with in the sunshine, knowing she was loved beyond love. ❤
RIP beautiful Gracie.