Lift and Sift

janine

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I would like to know the pros and cons of the Lift and Sift litter boxes. I've used the littermaid, smash: but didn't like it much with have multiple and very large babies. Please let me know your experiences. Thank you, Janine:

donna

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Janine,

I've used both the Litter Maid and Lift and Sift. The Litter Maid is okay for one cat, two tops. If one of them is a digger, you'll be washing it out every single day. Plus I've found the waste trays are small.

Lift and Sift is pretty good. I had that before I tried the Litter Maid. I ended up giving my dad the lift and sift because I needed a covered kitty box for my oldest, Mollie Rose, who digs to China. The only drawback with the lift and sift is you cannot forget to rotate the tray or you'll have kitty litter all over yourself and your floor. Some people say another lift and sift drawback is it can collect wet scoopable litter in between the "squares". To prevent that, spray the tray non-stick spray.

Good luck!

Donna

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

janine

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Thanks Donna. I have one normal digger and one that doesn't dig at all, which can be frustrating, too. I appreciate the tips. There just doesn't seem to be an easy way of of this litter "thang" does there?
Thanks again.

Janine

hell603

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
How about the one that tilts to the side and the peep/poop clumps drop in a tray that slides out and you empty it. It's pretty big and it's covered.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

janine

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I saw that litter box on an internet sight. I was wondering about it myself. However, one of my kitties has never been fond of the hooded boxes. I am using the bottom of a hooded box now. I would be interested in knowing some experiences with it.Thanks,
Janine