Life's Betta With A Fish

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Graceful-Lily

Extraterrestrial Being
Top Cat
Purraise
Only some of the plants arrived. I ordered them off Walmart.ca because they had the best prices. I spent about $40 worth on artificial plants. I'm expected 7 more plants but I think they messed up the order because one is missing when I check the shipment details. They still charged me full price though. Tried emailing them and they said they aren't taking emails at this time. Tried the online chat and they told me that they couldn't help me.

15876878624045514372318725128977.jpg

I'm planning on buying some more next month to slowly fill up all the sections.

Graceful-Lily

Extraterrestrial Being
Top Cat
Purraise
Update: Cayden is unresponsive today. He's swimming erratically and is laying on his side. He doesn't move when touched. If I had clove oil, I'd euthanize but because of the circumstances, I cannot so he will have to pass naturally. I feel terrible.

I've isolated him in a small cup within the aquarium so that he can rest.

Graceful-Lily

Extraterrestrial Being
Top Cat
Purraise
I have no aquarium salt unfortunately. I'm going to call a local Big Al's to see if they will sell me Kanaplex because I can't find where to order it online.

I changed 90% of the water two days ago and yesterday, I changed 30% of the water. I also added watered down tea tree oil to the aquarium to see if that would help. But I removed it because I heard it might not be good for them. I checked this morning and it hasn't spread much but I'm still getting the Kanaplex just in case. I've had Silas for 7 months now, I refuse to lose him.

I just called Big Al's. The gentleman I spoke to over the phone told me that a federal law passed right before the new year and no store is allowed to sell medications like Kanaplex anymore. He told me I wouldn't find it anywhere. He said they had to pull everything off the shelves and they are no longer allowed to sell it, neither is anywhere else.

I checked other available bacterial medications and all are banned by Health Canada. No more importations and all the stores close to me are out of stock.

Last edited:

Graceful-Lily

Extraterrestrial Being
Top Cat
Purraise
I managed to find PimaFix at a Petsmart far out of town. I've added it to the tank and I will be adding diluted tea tree oil again. It's spreading on Silas and he's spacing out a lot which he never does. At least he is still eating.

Furballsmom

Cat Devotee
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
It's been a while :) I've been thinking of you and your fish this entire time :hugs::redheartpump:

In regards to your concerns of being able to medicate fish, I saw this posted by someone in Canada and thought of you; are you familiar with Hikari Betta Revive? Petland sells it as does Amazon and it has methyline blue in it.
This along with aquarium salt and Indian Almond leaves or rooibos tea, and water changes handles quite a lot of fish-related things.

glittercat

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Graceful-Lily Graceful-Lily not been around on the forum for ages but I am so, so sorry to read this. 😢😢 I'm devastated for you. I remember how I felt in March when my poorly boy passed away and I had only had him for just under a week. I hope you are doing OK ❤❤