Life's Betta With A Fish

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Graceful-Lily

Extraterrestrial Being
Top Cat
Purraise
I got these from the ad so you can get a visual on how bad things are.
$_59-3.JPG
$_59-2.JPG
$_59-1.JPG
$_59.JPG

This is just some of them. No gravel, no heater, no hides. I don't even think there's a filter on this tank and no mention of one in the ad.

I brought my 35 gallon up from the basement. So, if they agree to the $40, I can go across town and pick them up. I'd just need to make dividers to separate the males.

Last edited:

Willowy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It's hard to say because goldfish are terrible fin nippers. So it could be ammonia, it could be fighting, it could be the goldfish. They don't look TOO bad yet though. No damage down to the body (it won't grow back if it goes that deep).

That green one with red fins looks really cool! I want to see her when she's healthy.

Graceful-Lily

Extraterrestrial Being
Top Cat
Purraise
It's hard to say because goldfish are terrible fin nippers. So it could be ammonia, it could be fighting, it could be the goldfish. They don't look TOO bad yet though. No damage down to the body (it won't grow back if it goes that deep).

That green one with red fins looks really cool! I want to see her when she's healthy.
Okay, great! I'm just not used to them looking like this so it freaked me out.

I do not have a spare heater however. Well, I do but not for a 35g. At least it's something. If anything, I can run a room heater close to the tank or turn the heat up in the house. I can also set up a sponge filter using my air pump.

glittercat

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Those poor fish :(. Silas looks rather lovely :)

So I'm actually getting my bum in gear and have started the set up on the new 50g tank.

It's level and watertight. Hooooorah!

So : yesterday I spent about 3 hours rinsing sand to go in. (Aquarium sand). Sigh. Then spent ages lugging 18 ltr buckets of water to get them to the top of my stepladder so I could use the siphon / gravel cleaner to fill it up without disturbing the sand too much. Also got some gorgeous pieces of wood, which are weighted down currently using slate / cable ties until the wood stops floating.

The water is cloudy but filter up and running and it will hopefully clear, though it could take a few days.

I was planning to break down my 80ltr but I've seen the most glorious betta (they have two or three stunners in the LFS) so I'm tempted to keep it running and just transfer the barbs out.... I've had rasboros and a betta together before which seems to work quite well. And I have harlequins in my 60ltr biorb at the moment....

:angel3:

Attachments

Furballsmom

Cat Devotee
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
It's going to be so attractive!! Completely worth all your effort :)

Would you want to cover that red indicator light with something?
I ended up using a suction cup that came with my heater to cover its indicator light.

glittercat

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Thank you :) I hope it will match what's in my mind! Or rather what I saw on YouTube as my inspiration lol ;)

The heater has a digital readout and the indicator light is just below it so may be tricky to cover. I may move it to the side - as long as it's near the filter outlet for circulation it should be fine. Wouldn't be visible then but should be OK to read the temp.

More bits to go in yet, definitely more plants on the left side and I have some more slate / stones to add. Aiming for the left side to be quite planted and 'full' with a more open swimming space in the centre and right.

:)

Graceful-Lily

Extraterrestrial Being
Top Cat
Purraise
Jaxon built a bubble nest so fast. It'll be fun to watch their colours change and personalities blossom now that they have a stable home. I can see some colour development already! I still have to adjust the dividers and finish setting up the tank though. My filter is acting up for some reason too.
Webp.net-resizeimage.jpg