Life's Betta With A Fish

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Graceful-Lily

*Alien*
Top Cat
Reaction score
Too much light?
I tried to lessen the amount of light I use but the hornwort doesn't grow without the current 8 hour cycle I have.

I'm getting so frustrated with growing live plants. At this point, I just want to buy a bunch of silks and pop them into the water.

Last edited:

glittercat

TCS Member
Super Cat
Reaction score
Ha I know that feeling, I'm more of a plant hospice than anything.... Aquatic and non-aquatic alike.

Hope you get it sorted though

Graceful-Lily

*Alien*
Top Cat
Reaction score
Definitely. I struggle with non-aquatic plants as well. No matter how much research I do, I can never keep anything for more a few weeks. I'm surprised the carpet plants have lasted this long.
15851756689416886655151683844793.jpg

I'm going to remove everyone tomorrow and do a thorough deep clean of the entire aquarium. The algae is probably a sign that it's time.

Last edited:

Graceful-Lily

*Alien*
Top Cat
Reaction score
After the amount of time I've spent cleaning this aquarium (still not dont btw), I'm happily going to switch to fake plants. There is so much gunk and debris from the plants I cannot manage to keep alive to save my life so I've had enough for now. When I'm older and more financially stable, I'll give live plants another try.

I'm on Amazon as we speak.

Furballsmom

Cat Fan especially Black Cats
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Reaction score
How are things going today?

So, segelkatt segelkatt and I both tried to send you a private message/conversation and couldn't --although it isn't clear why it failed. I thought maybe it's because that part of the system doesn't like your hyphenated name, or maybe you have an option checked or unchecked in your preferences regarding pms/conversations.

Graceful-Lily

*Alien*
Top Cat
Reaction score
How are things going today?

So, segelkatt segelkatt and I both tried to send you a private message/conversation and couldn't --although it isn't clear why it failed. I thought maybe it's because that part of the system doesn't like your hyphenated name, or maybe you have an option checked or unchecked in your preferences regarding pms/conversations.
I checked my preferences and I couldn't find anything that would block people from sending me messages. 😕