Life’s Abundance Canned Food Supply Issues?

KarenKat

Kitty on the half shell, tortie power!
Top Cat
Purraise
Anyone here feed Life’s Abundance Canned food (dog or cat)?

I went to go reorder some more and all of their canned food is temporarily unavailable. I contacted their customer service but likely won’t hear back until Tuesday with the holiday weekend. We feed Olive their food, and we are about to get a puppy that the breeder requires this brand of food. I wonder if they are having a factory issue or something.

mrsgreenjeens

Every Life Should Have Nine Cats
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
I don't feed that particular food, but have noticed a shortage of various cat foods for months now. I only feed wet and raw food, so don't know if it's an issue all across the board, or just with those two types, I'm thinking it has something to do with the pandemic and then the cargo ship that blocked the Suez Canal for that short period of time. I heard that was going to cause issues for several month afterwards Looks like it was true :frown:

Bri5

Seek justice, love mercy, walk humbly.
Alpha Cat
Purraise
KarenKat KarenKat what did you find out?

As for shorts across the board, wet has been in low supply in my area since November. There have been entire weeks where the nearest stores had only 5-15 cans on the shelf.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

KarenKat

Top Cat
Purraise
Wow, a lot of the food we feed are in packets, cartons or bags. Life’s Abundance got back and said they should be in stock by July. They didn’t say what the issue was.

I asked a friend about it and he said he thinks it’s a supply chain issue with packaging.

Cat Food Shortage Leaves Pet Owners in a Bind

Flybynight

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I think part of it is people stocking up.
I have found in Europe, some of the brands I buy are getting out of stock more frequently, so when I do see them I buy them and buy more than usual.
For example, I normally buy 5-6 individual serving packets of Aatu wet cat food from one retailer in different flavors.
I have now been buying more at one go, even sets, which I would not normally do but do occasionally now, as it keeps going out of stock. I think the sets are ten per box of one flavor if I recall correctly.
I went several weeks without being able to find certain brands. Some were missing for more than a month.

I noticed a change in color to aluminum trays a few months back. Probably related to new suppliers or mixing in different material.

The cargo ship that was stuck in the Suez Canal.
There is an ongoing effect from that, as there were many huge cargo ships trapped from continuing their journeys with finished and unfinished goods.

That said, the major brands, Purina, Hills, etc have been well stocked from what I can see when I visit pet shops. There is cat food available but not always the brands I prefer to buy. Wellness too, which I do buy has been available luckily.

Sorry KarenKat KarenKat that was a bit off topic from your original question

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

KarenKat

Top Cat
Purraise
No problem. Although I don’t think this was more people stocking up, as this brand had every single canned food they sell out of stock. More likely it was the packaging cans. But who knows ...