Life With A Cat

artiemom

Artie, my Angel; a part of my heart
Top Cat
Purraise
Just wanted to share my first 90 minutes of this morning....

Medicated Artie
15 minutes later, heard a loud YOWL!! Uh-oh, I thought, he is going to vomit. I did not move.
Artie ran into the spare room, behind a huge, solid, 70 year old mahogany dresser---yup, the one with a large mirror..

I tried to get him out of there, he was gagging at this point.. foot went in as far as I could, just to push him out, and into the open.. no way--went to other side. I went to other side of dresser, moving the Bentwood Rocker which is holding my laundry basket.

Tried again to push him out, while He is still gagging, not vomiting yet--so I still had time.. No way... He got into the middle of the area behind the dresser, which is unreachable...:argh:

Then start the vomiting!! Yup, fur ball!!! OMG... I am praying I can move the dresser, in order to clean it..

Artie runs out to the clear area.. vomits again.. more fur!!!! :fireblob: then runs away, as if nothing ever happened!!

I go get the Natures Miracle, gloves, trash bag, paper towels.. throw off my bathrobe.
Determined to slide the dresser, I was somehow given superhuman strength!!!

I surprised myself, by being able to slide it: how ever, in the process, I hit the rocker, causing the laundry basket to fall on the floor, upside down.. clean laundry all over the floor!!!:fuming:

Also, while in the process of moving the dresser, the table lamp, fell to the floor!!! :fuming:

Thank Goodness, I remembered to move the baby scale off the top of the dresser!!

cleaned up the messes, unplugged the lamp, which was now bent at the socket :disturbed:

Tried to fix it.. not lighting up....:argh:

Uttering many choice words :censored:

Finally got it back together, still nothing! Ok, try a new light bulb, I thought. Go to into store room to get a new bulb.. too much junk in there ~~ things go crashing to floor!!!! thankful for carpeting...

Take care of getting light bulb.. put things back.. Try out lamp with light bulb.. it is working..but realizing it is 150 watts instead of 60--too strong for little lamp....
Back to storeroom..

Artie is underfoot this entire time, wanting breakfast!!!

Get the correct bulb, however, in the process, I drop one light bulb on the laminate floor--yup, CRASH!! :livid::livid::livid::livid::livid::livid::livid::livid::livid::livid:
All over the place!!

MORE CHOICE WORDS!!! :cloudy::cloudy::censored::censored::censored:
Yelling at Artie to stay away-- whoever said cats are curious????:argh:

Got dustpan and brush;;; while shooing Curious George away.. he is still hungry!! waiting in kitchen doorway for food.. his sign, he is hungry..

Pick up pieces; have to push him away as I go to trash barrel. Get to other closet to get vacuum.. vacuum it up.. Artie is still waiting for food!!! OMG!:mad2:

Finally put lamp back, push bureau back, pick up laundry, put vacuum away..

Not looking down, I am headed to kitchen to wash my hands.. and all evidence of junk off my hands...

Artie is still in door way.. Am still fuming over my morning.. and the fact that Artie vomited up his morning meds along with the fur balls!!!! Have the junk bag of vomit to put in the trash, to be thrown out today...

Ended up softly kicking, partially stepping on a lying down cat in the threshold to the kitchen.
:livid::livid::livid::sigh::sigh::sigh::sigh::sigh::sigh::sigh::sigh::sigh::fuming::fuming::fuming::fuming::fuming::fuming: and almost falling because of him!!!

Artie ran!! OMG!! :censored::censored::censored::censored::censored::censored::censored::censored::censored::censored::censored::censored::censored::censored::censored:

Washed hands... Artie is back for food... :cold:

Gave him his food, He ate..
Made my coffee... finally!! after 90 minutes of craziness!!

Then, as I was refilling his food bowl, for later snacking, I spilt the cup which has the miralax/water mixture... yup, all over the counter!!!!

:frustrated::frustrated::frustrated::frustrated::frustrated::frustrated::frustrated::frustrated::frustrated::frustrated::frustrated::frustrated::frustrated::frustrated::frustrated::angrywoman::angrywoman::angrywoman::angrywoman::angrywoman::angrywoman::angrywoman::yelling::yelling::yelling::yelling::yelling::yelling::yelling::yelling::yelling:

I think I need to go back to bed and start the day all over.....:whistle::whistle::whistle::whistle::whistle:

Yes, this is LIFE WITH A CAT!!!

Furballsmom

Cat Devotee
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
I remember the day SOMEbody in the household accidentally shut the door to the basement, with Mr cat on the side with none of the litter boxes. I had no clue--in hindsight that poor cat was doing his absolute darndest to try and tell us of the problem. Had I been literally just 30 seconds quicker in finally realizing what had happened, I wouldn't have had a big ol puddle on/in the carpet at the foot of the stairs. Big cat large output LoL. We've since addressed the door situation :doh::nervous::noway::rolleyes3: :kitty: :purr:

LTS3

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
:eek3:

Can you put the dresser on furniture slides to make it easier to move? You'll need help to lift each corner up to get the slides under the dresser legs. Maybe someone at church has teenagers you can hire for the few minutes it would take.

1CatOverTheLine

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
1CatOverTheLine 1CatOverTheLine .. .Like i said to somebody in a different thread, as long as it's a meezer line, you have basically all the answers to all the universe's questions in one feline package. Of COURSE moo shu gets to be Montu, Manhur, Bast, or Mars, depending which war god you prefer LOL
Odin's probably most fitting - War and Death combined in one handy economical God. I'm pretty sure he had a Snowshoe. No - wait - he just travelled on snowshoes. Never mind.

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
artiemom artiemom -- I'm exhausted reading your post, too; some days, the best feeling you have is when they're OVER :sigh: and we've all had days like that. A recent one for me was when one of my earrings fell out; I went to retrieve it and somehow broke one of my necklace chains, which is an unrepairable type so I then had to go order a different one. :argh: Yes, sometimes going back to bed seems like the right thing to do. :cloudy:

1CatOverTheLine 1CatOverTheLine -- is that something you have personal experience of, by any chance!? :disturbed:

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

artiemom

Artie, my Angel; a part of my heart
Top Cat
Purraise
LTS3 LTS3 I forgot to add, that all the furniture are on slides. That dresser still weighs a ton. It was purchased in 1947, when all furniture was very heavy ~~ a very large Solid Mahogany dresser with a very large, heavy mirror, edges in solid mahogany..

When we moved in here, I insisted and put sliders under all the legs of the furniture.
It has come in very handy on the coach, entertainment center. It is very hard to move the bureaus and dressers.. they are so heavy, they have pretty much sunk into the carpeting..

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
LTS3 LTS3 I forgot to add, that all the furniture are on slides. That dresser still weighs a ton. It was purchased in 1947, when all furniture was very heavy ~~ a very large Solid Mahogany dresser with a very large, heavy mirror, edges in solid mahogany..

When we moved in here, I insisted and put sliders under all the legs of the furniture.
It has come in very handy on the coach, entertainment center. It is very hard to move the bureaus and dressers.. they are so heavy, they have pretty much sunk into the carpeting..
I have some ancestors' furniture which is also very heavy -- I wouldn't even think of trying to move it! and I have bookcases and china cabinets/curio cabinets bolted to the walls, because this is CA ;) Most of my other furniture is IKEA and/or light enough for me to move. Fortunately, my cats don't tend to hide, except for Tarifa, who has taken over hiding inside my dad's lounge chair :crackup: She goes in through the back. Since I've discovered her hiding place, though, she doesn't go in there much. She prefers to "hide" under a throw on the master bed when it's cool. Keeps her warm and of course, no one knows she's there :flail: